Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! I need to change my foglamp bulbs. Do i need to take out the whole front or is there a way to change it?

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts
.....You can change the bulbs by only removing the lamp not the whole bumper.
Yeah, but it's still a PITA....... :roll::x:razz: Allow yourself some time....I've now done both sides..... :-(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you mean this can be done by just going underneath?

thanks all

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
you mean this can be done by just going underneath?

thanks all
It's actually done by loosening a phillips screw above the fog light,it's the one located to the right.Try not to loosen the screw too much as it can fall behind the bumper cover.Once that screw is loose enough,just lift the fog light up and pull it towards you,then you'll need to release the plug from the metal bracket.Follow up by removing those five screws from the back of the fog light housing,then just simply pull off the plate and release the bulb from that retainer spring.

That link Lizzurd posted didn't seem to work,so here it is again.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/05fogs.pdf
^^Just scroll down towards the bottom for pics and more details.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved!

THANK YOU ALL! I VERY WELL KNOW THERE ARE FELLOW Es I CAN RELY ON AND HELP ME SAVE SOME BUCKS....

NOW HOW ABOUT A BEER? HEHEHEHE

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad I found this thread, i had the instructions for the 09-10 element and have it up on ramps right now trying to figure out where the two bolts i don't see are. Now i know i'm a full blown idiot and can replace the bulbs properly... to bad the 08's use an H3 and not the H11 bulbs i just bought

cest la vie

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The pdf I downloaded insists I use Honda bulbs. Is this seriously not the kind of thing I can get at Pep Boys?

Thanks.
You can use any stock wattage,or 55 watt H3 style bulb you like. Anyway,I'm pretty sure Honda doesn't manufacture their own bulbs.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK. So, first, I need to get this done within the next few days because, believe it or not, in PA, if you have fog lights they need to work or you fail inspection. Second, I have a 2004. Is it still an H3? Lastly, HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THIS? I have the instructions but I can't see the screws at all much less get a screwdriver at them!:-( HELP!:shock:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
OK. So, first, I need to get this done within the next few days because, believe it or not, in PA, if you have fog lights they need to work or you fail inspection. Second, I have a 2004. Is it still an H3? Lastly, HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THIS? I have the instructions but I can't see the screws at all much less get a screwdriver at them!:-( HELP!:shock:

Yes,your bulb is an H3.The screw is kinda difficult to see,you really have to get on the ground and look up there above the fog light to actually see it.Once you have it in view use a long shaft phillips screw driver to loosen it.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes,your bulb is an H3.The screw is kinda difficult to see,you really have to get on the ground and look up there above the fog light to actually see it.Once you have it in view use a long shaft phillips screw driver to loosen it.:)
Thanks. Took the damned plastic off. Ugh.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You're welcome,sorry to hear you did all that extra work to get to it.:|
I appreciate your help. I DID try getting to that screw w/out taking off the bumper but maybe it wasn't thin enough. I KNOW I couldn't see it. Anyway, the thing works but some of those clips are in bad shape and whatever the self tapping screw went into on the passenger side is gone so I held onto the screw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts