Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i hookup fogs to my park lights will it cause a prob. somesay the other lights dim is this bull or what
:twisted:

·
Registered
90 Posts
mine are connected to the parking lights with no problem,,, but if you are concerned then just use a relay on the install

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:682538bac6="jerseyBoy"]If i hookup fogs to my park lights will it cause a prob. somesay the other lights dim is this bull or what
:twisted:[/quote:682538bac6]

That's no bull man!

It simple logic!
Remember those Xmas lights, just keep adding one string after another and they get dimmer and dimmer. You're adding 80-110 watt to parking light circuit, that is almost twice the amount of current that parking light designed for. So you're concerned about the fuse" poor little 15 amp fuse" will pop in a 30 amp no no...! 40 amp that will kick some ass. The only ass you'll be kicking is yourself, when those wires smokes and burns.

Take that short cut and you'll cut yourself short!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Another good reason for running their own circuit:
My fogs state for "off road use only". Cops have been known to pull folks over (end of the month and needs to meet ticket quota) when fogs are used during clear weather. My walmart $22 specials are hooked directly to my battery (like my sub amp). The fogs have their own after market switch which is installed below left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:be6ceff598="Nat"]Another good reason for running their own circuit:
My fogs state for "off road use only". Cops have been known to pull folks over (end of the month and needs to meet ticket quota) when fogs are used during clear weather. My walmart $22 specials are hooked directly to my battery (like my sub amp). The fogs have their own after market switch which is installed below left of the steering wheel.[/quote:be6ceff598]

Amen to that Nat,

Just another excellent reason to mount the light with option to switch it on and off when you need to.

What I did is ran the switch back in to light SW filler piece, made a 1/2 x 3/4 in rectangular on the filler piece. I mounted the SW directly to filler piece, so there is no drilling into the Element at all. :D

I still puzzled, why do people take short cut :?:

It only take an extra 1/2hr - 1 hr to do it right! :roll:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am a big fan of H & A accessories. I got most of mine from them. However, after seeing the install instuctions and reading posts re do-it-yourself foglights, I'm glad I got the dealer install when I bought the E. They did a good job, they work and look great, and I have a separate switch. With the switch on, they come on with the regular lights and don't seem to put any drain on them.

I also had them install the 8 cd changer under the passenger seat. Works great too. Controls are built into the stock EX 270 watt radio. The only other thing I had installed, the roof rack, I would buy from H & A. It looks like an easy one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts