Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my 09 does not have those recessed holes in the lower bumper.
Do I have to buy those bumper parts
or
Do I have to cut that hole and use some sort of 'can light' type housing to achieve that effect of 'factory installed'???

please and thank you

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
It might be simpler (or perhaps no less difficult if you're considering doing it yourself) to install rectangular fog lights in the existing fake intake grills at their locations of the '08/'09 bumpers than cutting round holes there. Personally, I don't care for the look of the factory fog lights on the newer style front ends.

There are a number of us who have installed our own fog lights, so there's no shortage of how-to's in here for installation tips, i.e. using relays and additional fusing and switches. Search or ask, and you shall find...

Just saying, there are an awful lot of rectangular lights to choose from these days. Surely one design might fit the existing shape just great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you

I guess I just hadn't seen the rectangular light installations.
But from a long time craftsman, your correct, lot easier to cut a rectangular hole.

Will have to research rectangular lights and the installs.

Thanks for the suggestion.

My goal, is to make EVERYTHING I add on....look like it was supposed to be there....
I do NOT believe in creative interpretation. LOL
Especially in a product I will have to sell one day....
(although at my age, The E may outlive me.) :-(((

·
Registered
730 Posts
The rectangle pre-cuts are there....look to each side and you will see a plastic mesh design on your bumper that is the perfect size for a rectangle fog.

I want to get some installed on my E as well and already checked it out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to you for the message

now to search the forums for someone who did the rectangular install.

and
find out which fog lights would be most appropriate.
(don't mean cheapest, don't mean most expensive, I mean best bang for buck)

I can install, Just want to make best choice of product.

hmmm maybe blue & red alternating flashing lights...

(just kidding)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Santa might bring some $$ to go towards fog lights in my '10 EX, but I'm reconsidering.

I found this pic .... round peg into a square hole?

:shock:

I know next to nothing about fog lights, but the rectangular ones don't seem like they would be particularly effective. Perhaps more for show than function?

Anyone put in rectangular lights?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that an aftermarket product?

I like that look, and would go for that on my LX.

If so, can you supply the source of those?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like that look, and would go for that on my LX.

If so, can you supply the source of those?
Those are Honda OEM fogs, I paid $348.00 PLUS installation at the Dealer for the fogs.

I just checked HANDA, and there's are more than $100.00 cheaper @ $243.60 for the 2009-2010.

http://handa-accessories.com/elementext.html

Their PICS on that page show 2008 I believe, so they aren't showing updated PICS of the Fogs.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Round Peg in a Square hole on 2010 EX
I like it. The Element is a big square peg in a round hole so why not round lights in squared holes? :grin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
What Unortho said. The pic on the HandA site is of a 2008 or earlier, plus no install .pdf for 09/10. I don't know where Alex got that pic, even though it is watermarked as HandA, but to see the install directions for a 2009/10, go to the collegehillshonda.com parts website to see them. I kinda like the melted-in look, mmm, grilled cheese, gooood.

Almost identical to the fog install on my 08 Civic Si except more ground clearance. This is doable and will definitely be on my list when a new E parks in my garage. If anyone is considering this, I highly recommend swapping out the OEM H11 bulbs with a set of Hoen H11 Endurance. They are pure, clean, crystal yellow and slice right through any visibility issues, which, after all, are what fogs are for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What Unortho said. The pic on the HandA site is of a 2008 or earlier, plus no install .pdf for 09/10. I don't know where Alex got that pic, even though it is watermarked as HandA, but to see the install directions for a 2009/10, go to the collegehillshonda.com parts website to see them. I kinda like the melted-in look, mmm, grilled cheese, gooood.

Almost identical to the fog install on my 08 Civic Si except more ground clearance. This is doable and will definitely be on my list when a new E parks in my garage. If anyone is considering this, I highly recommend swapping out the OEM H11 bulbs with a set of Hoen H11 Endurance. They are pure, clean, crystal yellow and slice right through any visibility issues, which, after all, are what fogs are for.
I found it doing a Google Image search without much trouble.

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Having a dealer put them in Tuesday. 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, they're on. Will snap some pics tomorrow.

They look great, though it took the dealer a while to put them in. Not as easy w/o the round holes in the bumpers. ;-)

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Not to worry, UnorthoBox. Now that he'll be driving around safely in a fog, alexnova's MPG will undoubtedly drop like a stone! ;-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts