Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed, while stowing the rear seats against the interior sides of the vehicle, the folding seat supports have a plastic cowling that will not stay closed along the top of the support. There is a small tab near the forward edge that is exposed. This issue is consistent on both seats. Checked with my service manager at the local Honda dealership. We checked both Elements on the lot at the time, and they have the same condition. My question is this: Is the cowling supposed to be split and open like this, or is there a fleetwide flaw in these seat supports? Input/feedback is appreciated............especially from the Honda folks in EOC.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the same problem with one of my back seat. When the dealer replaced the flawed fabric, the plastic cowling wasn't snapped in right. I compared it to the other back seat and it was tight and snugged. I am going to the dealer this week to fix this problem and other issues.

I am glad you brought it up because i just notice this problem last night. I was vaccuming my car, i notice the fabric, cowling and the hook dangling on the floor :?

Oh well, we can only put up our hands and say " what the hell"

Let me know what your dealer did?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:254df3529c="ELMNTAL"]I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but if you're referring to the cover, there was a TSB issued...[/quote:254df3529c]
Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the TSB to which you refer, and that is not the issue about which I'm writing. I'm inquiring about the cover for the folding seat leg that is underneath the inboard side of each of the rear seats. The TSB refers to the cover over the mount point on the outboard side of each of the rear seats.
Here's the deal: Fold your rear seats up against the sides of the vehicle in accordance with the owner's manual. The inboard seat support should be folded flush against the bottom of the seat. Look at the top of the seat support. See if there is any separation between the two halves of the support cowling. If there is, is it supposed to be this way, or does Honda need to generate a fleetwide TSB to fix this issue?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure........just as soon as my digital camera gets back from Canon Warranty Service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts