Honda Element Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
abulevan said:
nevermind i figured it out. hahaha.
Yeah, happens to me too. I don't know how to do something, I ask, then I figure it out a few minutes later. I just altogether stopped asking and figure it out on my own.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I just now read this thread. I'm loving the idea. Go to a car show with it, put some collapsable lawn chairs under/on it, then unfold everything and have a table/chairs to drink.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is an awesome idea! My DH and I did a 4 day camping trip a couple of weeks ago and just used a cheap plastic patio table (the round $19 ones) and were talking about needing a real table to use for camping. He suggested buying the table leg kit, but then you are left with a big spare tire hole in the back. I think he'll like this idea since it gives the double bonus of covering what you are carrying in the trunk area. I also love the idea that you can put a full size spare under there. We want to carry one when we are camping or doing a really long road-trip, but not have it in the car all the time when just going around town.

I just need to make sure it works with our infant car seat in the back since you have to recline the seat a bit for our particular model of car seat to fit correctly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
This is such and awesome idea. I got my two cargo organizers, but ended up not having a place to put other temporary things. Thanks for the idea. Here is some pics of mine. I actually found a grey yoga mat at Target for $2.50 that i put on the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Looks good, did you get the table at Target too?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks good, did you get the table at Target too?
Yeah they did not have the black one at the target i went to, but after the yoga mat, the foam sides, and all the duct tape holding it together you'd never know it was tan!

·
Registered
424 Posts
This is such and awesome idea. I got my two cargo organizers, but ended up not having a place to put other temporary things. Thanks for the idea. Here is some pics of mine. I actually found a grey yoga mat at Target for $2.50 that i put on the top.
that looks good. hope you're able to come out for the beach chalet thing so i can check it out!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I went out and tried to do it the same night that I posted I was going to do it. Checked target.com to see which Target had the table available, found it, and I was on my way. It was also snowing ridiculously and of course the city wasn't prepared so the roads were terrible. Got to Target and went to get the table. None. Of course. But I bought the Thule garbage sack thing that goes on the back of a seat instead. I haven't decided if I like it yet.
Went the next morning to a different Target and got the last table left. Lowe's was right down the street so I got the pipe insulation and kitchen shelf liner there. Went to my friend's house and put it all together while he perused the internet for a new jacket.
I also strapped it down with bungees but I didn't really like it. It doesn't move around without them so I decided to leave them off. This way its easier to put stuff in the cargo organizer.
I took these pictures at night which, in retrospect, wasn't the best idea. They turned out decent but the shelf turned out awesome. I'm really glad I did it! :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I went out and tried to do it the same night that I posted I was going to do it. Checked target.com to see which Target had the table available, found it, and I was on my way. It was also snowing ridiculously and of course the city wasn't prepared so the roads were terrible. Got to Target and went to get the table. None. Of course. But I bought the Thule garbage sack thing that goes on the back of a seat instead. I haven't decided if I like it yet.
Went the next morning to a different Target and got the last table left. Lowe's was right down the street so I got the pipe insulation and kitchen shelf liner there. Went to my friend's house and put it all together while he perused the internet for a new jacket.
I also strapped it down with bungees but I didn't really like it. It doesn't move around without them so I decided to leave them off. This way its easier to put stuff in the cargo organizer.
I took these pictures at night which, in retrospect, wasn't the best idea. They turned out decent but the shelf turned out awesome. I'm really glad I did it! :D:D:D

How does that cargo organizer fit under there? Is there space between the top of the organizer and the bottom of the table or does the table squash down the organizer a bit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
41 - 60 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.