Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope everyone is doing well in these times.

I have a 2006 LX that I've decided to try to replace the front motor mount myself (as suggested by PPI).
Looks easy enough, just jack the engine up, take out 3 flange bolts, and replace mount.

My question is: should I/would you recommend also replacing the 3 flange bolts + nut holding the motor mount, just to be safe?

Thanks.

/repost from reddit r/HondaElement

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,421 Posts
Unless you find corrosion/rust/undue stress on the bolts, I would second seagiants' suggestion - just re-use them. AFAIK they are not a one time use nut/bolt combo, so reusing them should not be an issue. Good luck!! :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you find corrosion/rust/undue stress on the bolts, I would second seagiants' suggestion - just re-use them. AFAIK they are not a one time use nut/bolt combo, so reusing them should not be an issue. Good luck!! :cool:
Got it thanks. So as long as I just see some surface rust on the bolt head, but no rust/corrosion on the bolt thread/length itself, it should be OK to re-use?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you use OEM parts or aftermarket? I am also having trouble finding "motor mounts" in part sellers websites?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Got it thanks. So as long as I just see some surface rust on the bolt head, but no rust/corrosion on the bolt thread/length itself, it should be OK to re-use?
Hi,
Your waaaay over thinking this!
If the bolts have a little rust, clean them, oil them, and use them.
No problem!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,421 Posts
Yep, should be fine! Clean up any rust and maybe some rust protectant paint after installation, then drive on!! :cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts