Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
For those who have had their CC stolen, I’d like to know the WHERE of when it has happened. Was it overnight at your house while parked on the street/driveway? Or was it during the day at a mall or while at work?
Mine is garaged nightly 90% of the time, except when my daughter is at a friend’s house.
I’m thinking about this more and more as I see it’s an issue for a number of different cars and I’m seeing it make the news frequently.
Funny this pops up today…took my 2011 Element in today to dealer as Check Engine Light came on a few days ago…they said the CC and sensor were both after market & sensor was bad…but how? I have never had them replaced and this dealer has done all the work on it!! Then I realized that I had bought this car in 2014, 18,000 miles on it, so it must have been before I bought it…(it has a lock/guard on the CC, too, so original must have been stolen from first owner??)..had to pay $800 for new sensor…boo…:cautious:

·
Registered
3 Posts
9:30 AM in driveway 5' away from house pointed in, I heard it and figured out what was going on and ran them off, the CC was hanging by a thread had it welded back on cost $130
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT
26 Posts
1st time: broad daylight, Feb this year, with snow on the ground, Wal-Mart parking lot; took the thief about 3 minutes. WM got video for cops. Ins paid $1600 less my $100 deduct.

2nd attempt: about 6 a. m., April. Had rained all night and I parked next to a puddle in a WM lot. CC both ends cut through, as were the sensor cables, but thief left it- couldn't get the 3/8" cable cut through. My E now has 2 cables. $600 less my deduct.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not yet.
Seems the other elements at work without low running-boards/side-steps are easier targets. Still thinking about adding a wire connected to a solar powered electric fence charger under there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took my Element to a local park at 7:00AM, unloaded my mountain bike and went for a 1 hour ride. Came back and cat was stolen. $2800 and only liability insurance so not covered. Takes about a minute to cut the cat out with a battery powered Sawzall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those who have had their CC stolen, I’d like to know the WHERE of when it has happened. Was it overnight at your house while parked on the street/driveway? Or was it during the day at a mall or while at work?
Mine is garaged nightly 90% of the time, except when my daughter is at a friend’s house.
I’m thinking about this more and more as I see it’s an issue for a number of different cars and I’m seeing it make the news frequently.
mine was stolen in my driveway, at home at night. zip 60085 - 2021
My son's Element CC was stolen while he was parked outside his apartment in downtown Chicago 2020

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was taken from my work's gated parking lot right in front of the building. Right after lunch. But at least here there's been a steep drop in CC theft. They had a couple of really big stings here a few months back and caught quite a few people. Haven't heard much since then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Overnight parked under covered/assigned parking, in a gated condo complex, three feet from a neighbor’s bedroom window. Happened two nights ago.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for everyone's responses. Feels like anytime we go out in public I have to be on guard and even then, sounds like that won't be enough. Like I said, mine is garaged most of the time, but those times where it's on a city street over night makes me think.

Your responses have shown it can happen anywhere, any time, and that you don't need to be away from the car for long for it to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was in my parking lot in a gated community at night. They did a rally bad job cutting it out too which led to more repairs. I ended up putting an anti-theft case over the new one just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m a bit lucky, mine almost stolen, park it in our neighborhood and halfway cut on one side of the CAT, someone in the neighborhood saw them. Spent $50 to weld it and installed Aerogenics cat shield. SoCal.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
6am in a culdesac in the middle of a rich neighborhood in Oakland/ behind a community center.
Neoghbor came outside and chased them off. They already had what they needed

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I made me a shield too

21 - 37 of 37 Posts