Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32866674/ns/business-forbescom/

Forbes article on MSNBC.com regarding best tailgate vehicles. Honda Element one of them but quote from article:

"DiEugenio likes the Honda Element for its cargo space and the fact that you can wash out the back with a hose"

Tried to email the author Hannah Elliott at Forbes, got nowhere. Could post a comment on Newvine but didn't want to leave my email address after reading privacy statement.

As noted in multiple posts here, don't do this! Damp mop or wipe is fine, just don't kill your Element with a hose down.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I received a response back from msnbc.com, the Business Editor said the following:

Thanks for your note –

According to the writer, the guy says he really does hose out the back of his element, but we are removing that reference from the story so readers will be more cautious.
I just checked and it has not been changed as of yet. Going to email him back to see when it will be edited.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I received a response back from msnbc.com, the Business Editor said the following:

I just checked and it has not been changed as of yet. Going to email him back to see when it will be edited.
I'm curious of what the article say after the change?

"Never mind the element does not make a good tailgating vehicle because after beer spillage and vomiting you cannot, I repeat cannot, hose out the back!";-)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They (MSNBC.com) made a slight change to the line.

What use to read:
"DiEugenio likes the Honda Element for its cargo space and the fact that you can wash out the back with a hose"

Now reads:
"DiEugenio likes the Honda Element for its cargo space and the fact that you can wash out the back easily"

So they changed "with a hose" to "easily".

Forbes.com however still has the original text.
http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/09/suv-trucks-tailgating-lifestyle-vehicles-tailgating-cars.html

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
They (MSNBC.com) made a slight change to the line.

What use to read:

Now reads:
"DiEugenio likes the Honda Element for its cargo space and the fact that you can wash out the back easily"

So they changed "with a hose" to "easily".

Forbes.com however still has the original text.
http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/09/suv-trucks-tailgating-lifestyle-vehicles-tailgating-cars.html
Thanks. I resent an email back to msnbc.com and also emailed forbes.com. Let's see if they make any changes. Just because the person being quoted is an idiot doesn't mean he is correct! I asked them why they are giving this same advice for all of the other vehicles and have people hosing out ALL vehicles. lol stupid.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thanks. I resent an email back to msnbc.com and also emailed forbes.com. Let's see if they make any changes. Just because the person being quoted is an idiot doesn't mean he is correct! I asked them why they are giving this same advice for all of the other vehicles and have people hosing out ALL vehicles. lol stupid.
They should go find that guy and ask him why he is being stupid. Then slap him.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
There is another one about the Element also.

This one does a much better job !

Dom

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Just bought an E yesterday, after test-driving 4 different Es, all at different dealers. I had 2 of the 4 salespeople I dealt with tell me various versions of the "hose it out" sales pitch.

Worse, these were all Honda dealers.:twisted:

At least they guy I finally bought from admitted "you obviously know more about this car than I do" and didn't try to overly hype stuff.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
A couple of years ago I had the E in for service at the dealership, and was wondering around the showroom...
I happened (go figure) to be looking under the hood of the E they had there when a salesman came over, and started his pitch...I just hmmm'd and aww'd a bit, and let him carry on....
Then he opened the rear and said 'look, it can even be hosed out'
So I opened up the spare cover, and asked him 'wouldn't that be a little hard on the wiring under here?' He said 'oh no, it doesn't effect it at all'. So I popped off the inside cover, exposing the trailer harness, and said 'it has to be really hard on this, wouldn't it? These are exposed wires.' He kept saying no...
He still didn't clue in, until I crawled in, and removed one of the rear seats, and opened up the rest of the side panel....
He just looks at me and said 'how did you do that? I didn't know they came out.'
I told him I drive an E, and he's an idiot for telling ppl they can be hosed out. He just walked away...

but I did tell his manager...who happened to be the salesman who sold me mine....lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts