Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body heard of this. My wife forwarded an email about this stuff. I am very skeptical of course but wanted to know if anyone has heard of/about the stuff.

They make some bold/vague claims.

http://main.forearthonline.com/index.php

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little more research and I found a little bit of info.

$45 per 32oz bottle.
1-2 ounces per tank= $1.40-2.80 extra a tank of gas
1 ounce per quart of oil(pour in crankcase)

7%-19% fuel increase or 1-4 mpg roughly.(completely dependent on your personal mileage.)

by the way I look at it, you wouldn't really be breaking even over a tank of gas unless you managed to gain 2 mpg.

Please correct any of the mistakes I make here.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
They were giving out samples at Indy this year. I tried it in my E. There was no fuel efficiency gain at all for me.

I think it will work better on a High performance engine. ( Just guessing, )

I know there are some Mustang drivers that extol abundant accolades about this product.

Also see this in Vette.

I found that disturbing. My understanding of the fuel used on the track at Indy is :

It can not be altered! No Additives can be introduced to the Fuel! No other fuel other than that supplied at the track, by the official provider may be used! ...

That from the Indy rule book.

Dom

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, from what I found on this product it seems like it works but just not effective enough to really offset the cost.

The quote on the email I got by Al Unser Jr "A scientist worked on it for 2 years to make it perfect." made me laugh. Wow a whole 2 years???

So far it kind of has a feeling of a pyramid scheme in the way they are looking for distributors. Only difference is there is a real product.

seems like it is more of a way to fund a race team than make/sell a product.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Also look up 'ethos fuel reformulator', sold via an Amway like network. That's been on the market for a while.

Curious that the 'company' in the original post also promotes colostrum, the first fluid produced by a newly lactating female (human? bovine?).

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I noticed that too. It is a very sketchy sort of deal.

My wife works in advertising and she got an email from one of her old advertising friends from Cincinnati about how the stuff is "big deal". Here is what she wrote,

"Have you heard about this yet in Lexington? All of a sudden big deal here. I am being approached but not sure what to make of it all. Heard Lexington and Louisville people are jumping on board."

Really sounds like Amway now, doesn't it? I think the best advise for her would be, let it be. If it takes off, so be it. Doubtful it will.

Thanks for your opinions guys.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Force be with you

I sat through the whole presentation, very similar to Amway. The only difference here its GREENER and newer.
When I'm finished test the product in my own cars and boat then I'll decicide.So far no performance or fuel economy increase in my 50hp boat motor.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Glad to hear you have some product to test.

I would assume it is extremely hard to calculate fuel economy on a boat motor. There are just too many variables in that.

Will you be able to conduct tests on your E? Would be interesting to see a real world test.

The website only tests one vehicle on a dyno and does not fully identify each test.

The entire Amway portion is what gets me the most. That and it seems they are just riding the GREEN wave.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would agree with the snake oil part BUT would like to point you towards lucas fuel treatment. I have seen a definite increase of around a 1-2 mpg when in use but my primary reason for using it is engine life. I have taken apart engines where this stuff was run every fill-up and the difference is remarkable. My first experience with the treatment was an early 80's chevy truch with 350k on the odometer. I actually argued with the guy asking how long ago the engine was replaced since the internals were kept in such good shape.

BTW it's only $9.95 a 32oz bottle (and $27 for a gallon from summit racing. I only ad an extra 2oz at fill-up so I would say it's a cheap trade off for the inevitable engine failure down the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Force Does Work

Yeah, I noticed that too. It is a very sketchy sort of deal.

My wife works in advertising and she got an email from one of her old advertising friends from Cincinnati about how the stuff is "big deal". Here is what she wrote,

"Have you heard about this yet in Lexington? All of a sudden big deal here. I am being approached but not sure what to make of it all. Heard Lexington and Louisville people are jumping on board."

Really sounds like Amway now, doesn't it? I think the best advise for her would be, let it be. If it takes off, so be it. Doubtful it will.

Thanks for your opinions guys.
Force does work and I have used it since it became available BUT you have to use it the right way. To begin, add 5 ounces to your gas tank to clean out the system. After that ONLY use 1 ounce per gallon, don't add any more or you're wasting it. When changing your oil, add 1 ounce per quart to the crankcase. I went from 17MPG to 22 MPG city driving and over 35MPG highway driving, and that's in a 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited with a V-6 engine. With gas prices as high as they are, it is well worth the investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts