Honda Element Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Has anyone noticed the panels shrinking? Mine used to be a fantastic fit. Now they seem a little bit small.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Shrinkage!?!? ;-)

No, I have not used mine in several months, so I cannot speak about shrinkage issues.
Maybe mine are getting a little crumpled and that's making them smaller?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Has anyone noticed the panels shrinking? Mine used to be a fantastic fit. Now they seem a little bit small.
Forgot about that just something else I have to check on before camping again. Did noticed something wasn't right July 4th weekend. The one on my sleeping side kept falling forward & getting in my way. Kinda tried stretching it back but really wasn't in the mood to deal with it then.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Yes, the fit gets looser with use, whether due shrinkage due to folding, or crumpling of the edges. The only one that I use enough to have this problem is the skylight. And for that, I found that slipping a spare credit card under the window gasket does a great job of holding the panel edge in place.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That's because you're married. :razz:
Ouch.

Yes, the fit gets looser with use, whether due shrinkage due to folding, or crumpling of the edges. The only one that I use enough to have this problem is the skylight. And for that, I found that slipping a spare credit card under the window gasket does a great job of holding the panel edge in place.
I'm having the same problem. Would you send me a spare credit card? ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is TOOO cute. My local fabric store had some fantabulous fabric that would work for my kiwi (at least they did last weekend) too bad I just bought the reflective stuff from home depot last week. wonder if i still have the reciept?

BTW, where did you pick up the magnetic clips?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
In post #81, picture of the windshield stuffed tight with material can peel away the fabric on the headliner if you put it in and take it out too often. I had this happen to my headliner, it's a pain to fix!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Seems like black static cling vinyl would also work very well for this.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
earthbum- you are my hero! :D I won't have to sew!!!

~T

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
You might be able to hang the 'curtains' by sandwiching the fabric between the magnets and the car metal, without using the clip part. The will depend on the magnets and the fabric. I use simple disk and bar magnets to hold bug screens in place over the side windows and even the open tailgate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i kinda like the idea of being able to sleep till noon without the hot arizona sun shining on my face, purely a matter of prefrence.

How do you keep cool or do you just let er run with the a/c on ???

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just did the reflective panels now too! its pretty cool and can't wait to use them! I don't have as much patients with making stuff like that, so mine has a couple slivers of light shining through. Its all good tho!

81 - 100 of 133 Posts