Honda Element Owners Club banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shrinkage solution?

Maybe a couple of those little silicone stick-on door bumpers set in the window frame would be just enough to hold the reflictix in place as they loosen up

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I realize Reflectex is opaque, but gosh, that gives me an idea: ordinary small-cell bubble wrap should provide privacy because it's translucent, yet by the same token would keep the car from being a dark cave; plus it should insulate reasonably well. You could trim it into window-size sheets, held in place with Velcro at the corners. Hmmmm.
12 years later and this is my favorite thing I've seen on the EOC so far. Got a roll in the garage. Might even insulate a bit too (but probably not)

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is the first thing I'm going to do for camping! Is there a template floating around somewhere? If there isn't, there should be one! If i end up making one that's share worthy, I'll make sure to upload it, but if someone out there has been nice enough to upload one, I'd be very grateful!

·
Registered
41 Posts
read over all these. Some really great suggestions. Looks like I will be using a couple of the ideas. I won't be going all reflectix all around. In fact, I think I will just get some car shields from the dollar store to do some of the windows instead. I plan to go to the fabric store to cover them black instead of spray paint as well. Will upload pix when I am done. Thanks guys and gals for all the great ideas!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
*sigh* well the things that used to be available at dollar tree apparently no longer are. Went to 2 different ones. Will try again tomorrow to see if I can come up with a good and economical solution.

·
Registered
2007 EX
23 Posts
Maybe Walmart?

Or I found these on Amazon:
Sunshield 1

Sunshield 2

Sunshield 3

It really might be easiest to go to a hardware store and buy some reflectix. You can calculate how much you'll need and have them cut you a strip from their giant bulk roll.
Also, there are some YouTube videos around this topic that may be worth checking out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It really might be easiest to go to a hardware store and buy some reflectix. You can calculate how much you'll need and have them cut you a strip from their giant bulk roll.
Also, there are some YouTube videos around this topic that may be worth checking out.
I bought two of the smaller pre packaged rolls and it is _exactly_ enough to do all the windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, so I went to a local $0.98 store and picked up a sunshade. The height is just about right for the sunroof and I had to do some minor trimming. I taped up the edges with black gaffer's tape and installed some grommets and suction cups. The whole process took about 20 minutes and the fit is great!
I did all the back windows with cardboard that I got from work. Just cut to shape and pushed under the paneling. Did the front windows with black plastic bags, and the windshield with a generic windshield cover on clearance at walmart. Lived in my E for 4 months in my work parking lot until my transfer went through. All in winter. Benefit to the cardboard is its bettit's better insulation. I finally moved in November last year and was still sleeping in my underwear because I was rosting.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts