Honda Element Owners Club banner

Fortune-Auto Coilovers, anyone interested?

8K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  CETproject 
#1 ·
I have talked with the owner of Fortune-Auto and he is willing to put into production a full coilover for the Element if I can get at least 5 people to commit to a purchase. Right now I am just trying to get your opinions or questions whatever it may be. I hope that he will soon join us here on the site so he can do the Q&A himself, click the link, check out there product, and let me know what you think.

Fortune-Auto

#5 ·
Hi Guys:)
hrdbox asked me to join this thread and talked to the site admin about it.

I am unsure if there is a market for our coilovers on the element.

We could make this happen but I would need a few things.
Pricing would be in the $900 range. We would need at least 5 people to commit to this and we would need a set of OEM suspension sent to our facility.

It would take about 4 months to make these from scratch. We would need to CAD the coilovers then run several stress programs and general R&D. We then would need to test the prototype on hrdbox's element and then start the manufacturing process if all is well.

A few things about Fortune Auto:
Our company has been manufacturing coilovers since 1998; however we are relatively new in the US market.

We are one of the few suspension companies that build everything in house. We do not use the same manufacturer that makes coilovers for many other companies or outsource our products.

A few other key features:

1. Fully forged bodies for maximum strength
  2. Fully anodized for corrosion resistance
  3. 50mm pistons are way beyond the industry standard of 44-47mm pistons found on most coilovers on the market today. This allows for greater relaibility, damping and ride comfort
  4. 40 Way adjustable damping

A few pictures of our coilovers

and the coilovers installed on our demo vehicles

#10 ·
You may have to go out and find some recruitment on other sites as well such as cardomain.

Tuner E's are rare and we are a small number on the EOC. While there are a few out there, most already jumped in on the ksport buy. Might be 1 or 2 willing to give it a go, most might be in socal....cardomain or another honda tuning site might help make it happen.

I wish you luck and hope this happens. :D

#11 ·
?

did this ever happpen, im interested

#13 ·
shame

i looked up the website and they look like some decent coilovers

#15 ·
Tein

Just curious why you would want those when you can buy these?
Linked: FWD option, but they have the AWD version available, too.

EDIT: I'm currently in the market for a good set of full coil overs for my '03. I'm almost 100% convinced that Tein would be the best way to go.
But, I'm open to others opinions!

#16 ·

EDIT: I'm currently in the market for a good set of full coil overs for my '03. I'm almost 100% convinced that Tein would be the best way to go.
I'm guessing that some people want a full body coilover :-/

#18 ·

The basic Teins are not sturdy enough for a 3600lb. vehicle and are very bouncy. By the time I upgraded the springs and had the shocks re-valved to Heavy Duty, I was $600 over the $1000 I paid for them at the time. So I can honestly tell you that the HD Teins are great and the basics just don't cut it! ~Chief
Just saved me some research time.
Appreciated! ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.