Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I did not know where else to put this.

The browsers on my MacBook Pro (Firefox and Safari), started to "hang" periodically a few days ago. IOW, I'll click a link and the little "load" indicator will just start spinning. If I go to another site, or even the other browser, they show the same behavior - sites won't load.

Sometimes I just have to turn Airport off, then on again. Other times I have to reset my DSL modem and Linsys router.

The reason I'm posting here is that it sure seems to occur most often when I've clicked on a link on this site, most often "Reply".

Is it just me, or has anyone else seen this behavior?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Sorry, I did not know where else to put this.

The browsers on my MacBook Pro (Firefox and Safari), started to "hang" periodically a few days ago. IOW, I'll click a link and the little "load" indicator will just start spinning. If I go to another site, or even the other browser, they show the same behavior - sites won't load.

Sometimes I just have to turn Airport off, then on again. Other times I have to reset my DSL modem and Linsys router.

The reason I'm posting here is that it sure seems to occur most often when I've clicked on a link on this site, most often "Reply".

Is it just me, or has anyone else seen this behavior?
Who is your ISP?
I've noticed at home (ComCast) with my MacBook, that same "hang" issue with Safari, but not with the latest FireFox.

At work on my Windows machine, Explorer is the dog, and Safari works great.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have DSL from AT & T.

Problem-free the vast majority of the time - this just started maybe 3 days ago, and really seems site-related.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have DSL from AT & T.

Problem-free the vast majority of the time - this just started maybe 3 days ago, and really seems site-related.
Usually, when you get a "hang" after accessing specific sites, going to nested pages on the site, the culprit is a Proxy server (being used for security - so no direct link, everything being filtered by the proxy, and the proxy set to block basic attack signatures. The proxy could be at either end, either your ISP or the Club's ISP - or even both.). You might try checking your browser security settings and try experimenting with them. Sometimes what's set on the Proxy and what's set on the browser get into arguments - hence the delay while they sort out pecking order. The change in your user experience could mean a new security proxy rule or setting was updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts