Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found an 06 Element with low-ish miles and in mint condition...literally the only seat ever sat in was the driver's seat. Nothing hauled in it ever, etc. I can buy it for low 7s with 130K on the clock. I can buy the same car in an 08 nearby, but it's $10K, about the same miles, but in poorer condition...not bad, but compared to this one it's not as clean. Both have new brakes and tires and service records...one owner cars. This will be our third car and mainly used by myself or my daughter for work commuting or hauling my track bike to the track a few times a month in the summer/fall (900 pounds total including trailer)

I know the 07 and newer have the 5 speed trans and a little more power, but is there any real differences in overall reliability between the 06 and 08 MY in general?

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm no expert by any means, but having just been looking myself, it comes down to one being 2 years older. Technology changes, the rest of the vehicle is older, not just the engine. One being really well taken care of is something. For me, if they were both equally nice, same mileage, etc, I'd spend extra and go newer. Thats just me though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Reliability should be about the same but you will get more airbags, standard stability control and seat belts that don't anchor to the rear door. For me, safety is the clincher.

·
Registered
487 Posts
So, your choices are an 06 that is a one owner that has been well maintained and is clean or the 08, one owner in poorer condition. If both have about the same miles, the avg. miles per year are (roughly) 14.4k for the 06, and 18.5k for the 08. All other things being somewhat equal, I'd take the one with the lower avg. miles that is in better condition unless there are features on the newer E that I just had to have over the older one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I'll need to see if I can find some images showing the seal belt anchor points. Is that considered to be something annoying or just a slight improvement when moved to the seat?

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked it up a few hours ago. It was part of an estate and the deceased owner's son readily accepted my lowball offer as he needed to get back to his home in another state ASAP. This was the deal I was looking for. Not the color I wanted, but it'll work just fine.

This thing is dead new inside and outside other than the driver's seat bolster wear. Any place to get the fabric so I can have it repaired?

Drove it home the 3 hours and it literally feels like a new car. No rattles or noises, engine is silent (owner was a mechanic and took care of his stuff meticulously), new tires, etc. It'll need rotors as I feel a slight pulse when they get heated up, but very minor.

Even smells new inside. Supposedly, no one has ever sat in it other than the owner...and it looks it. Very pleased.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Dead new... From a deceased owner.... Coincidence? I think not.
Enjoy your brand spanking used ride!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
it came with the 6MT?
that's a real find.
and Citrus Fire was not available in 2006, probably rallye red, tango red pearl or tangerine metallic
also, since the fenders are painted it's an EX-P.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the input. I'll need to see if I can find some images showing the seal belt anchor points. Is that considered to be something annoying or just a slight improvement when moved to the seat?
Mine is an '04 with the belt attached to the rear door. It is a hassle, and I usually strangle my wife in the passenger seat when I open the rear to put in a bag of groceries or something. The newer ones are attached to the side of the seat itself, so not an issue with opening the rear. I'd go for the newer one myself if for just this reason, and consider that the owner had used it for utility as intended, rather than just transportation alone.

Better sun visors on the newer ones also.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
it came with the 6MT?
that's a real find.
and Citrus Fire was not available in 2006, probably rallye red, tango red pearl or tangerine metallic
also, since the fenders are painted it's an EX-P.
Where did he say it's got a 6 speed? I'm confused.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
He changed his profile. it now shows the correct info.

Somebody ought to change the Control Panel so that when a newbie signs up for the first time they can find "Not An Element Owner" at the top of the "What Model is Your E?" rather than at the bottom where they seldom seem to find it.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,625 Posts

Somebody ought to change the Control Panel so that when a newbie signs up for the first time they can find "Not An Element Owner" at the top of the "What Model is Your E?" rather than at the bottom where they seldom seem to find it.
The profile says LX, yet it has painted panels. Wouldn't that make it an EX-P?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I agree. When I signed up I didn't see an option for not owning an Element.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Yep, you have to move the slider to get down to those last choices. We could put them at the top, but then people will say they can't find 4WD EXP AT, 4WD EXP 6MT, SC, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
congrats man,new owner here as well,but i noticed something...not "element" and 'H" emblems on the rear hatch??Old guy who died does not do those kind of mods bro!!check that out;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts