Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have had my 2009 element for about 3 weeks. My fiancee and I decided to drive it to Las Vegas. Everything was great until driving home, we got caught in a freak sand storm. What ended up happening was a nightmare! all that sand ended up pitting my entire windshield and whole front right side of my car siding and light included. I was soooo bummed! anyways I was wondering if there are any suggestions as if there any way to fix the windshield, or am I just going to have to replace it? it basically looks dirty but its a bunch of pits covering the entire thing. The body looks just as bad, Im going to try and buff it out but I don't know. Im sure this isn't covered under the warranty (its a lease to buy) any suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks for reading this!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thats why you have insurance. It's not just for cars bumping into each other. Give your company a call. If you are still making payments (likely since it's an 09!) you would have to carry the proper coverage for this.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ditto on the above, you can't fix the wind shield. The Ins company may try to "fix" the paint, but try to avoid them doing so...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
This happened with mine also a couple years ago and it blew out 4 windows here at work. Insurance took care of it with no problem and had the whole right side repainted.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yeah especially if the thing is brand new. the company that insures you may even have one of those replacement deals where they will actually replace it with a new car rather than sending it to the body shop. who do you have, is it a major name insurance company? if so they likely have the replacement stuff for the first 6 months or so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah especially if the thing is brand new. the company that insures you may even have one of those replacement deals where they will actually replace it with a new car rather than sending it to the body shop. who do you have, is it a major name insurance company? if so they likely have the replacement stuff for the first 6 months or so.
Thanks for the feedback, Ill have to give my Ins company a call. I have Wawanesa, which is a pretty reputable company here in california. Im just bummed that this happened and the car is 3 weeks old :-x.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I assume this accident occurred on the pave road.
Do not mention anything with related to "off road" for any reason, unless you have the special insurance will cover off road.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, Ill have to give my Ins company a call. I have Wawanesa, which is a pretty reputable company here in california. Im just bummed that this happened and the car is 3 weeks old :-x.
HA! thats the same Company I have and they took care of it just fine. Just don't go to Loma Linda Auto Body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts