Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer said I could get free lifetime oil changes for my E when I bought it. I figured there was a catch to it though. I didn't plan to get my oil changed there anyway as the dealership is 125 miles away.

Here's their offer: They sent me a coupon book and it says In order to qualify for free oil changes, this handbook must be kept current and all service work in written in red must be performed at a Victory Automotive Group dealership.The red is a brake inspection and tire rotation one time and Add fuel injector cleaner additive the next. It switches back and forth, so every other oil change, I must pay for the brake inspection and the next time for a bottle of injector cleaner which I suppose will cost a lot more than what a oil change would normally cost. It also says they will use Pennziol synthetic blend oil. WHAT? No Honda brand oil?

They also gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty but require so much documentation of service work performed, it would be impossible to provide the required documents unless regular services were performed at their dealership.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Which proves in life, NOTHING is free. :x

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Ripoff!

I paid $300 for lifetime oil changes - up to 4 changes a year (although I've never done more than 3 a year in 5 years) with no strings attached.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
That is a way to upsell. The oil changes are very cheap compared to getting all the other work done in the book witch is mostly labor costs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts