Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received free locking wheel nuts on my "E". It sounds like a colleague who purchased a CRV in another city also had this freebie. Is this something that Honda does in Canada?

·
Registered
447 Posts
The same thing happened to me, but I had already ordered a set from handa. :roll: So now I have two sets, I guess I'll keep them for when the first ones start rusting.

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:fb9792455e="Einstein"]The same thing happened to me, but I had already ordered a set from handa. :roll: So now I have two sets, I guess I'll keep them for when the first ones start rusting.[/quote:fb9792455e]

PM' me if you're interest in selling one set....I doubt rust will take over the locking nuts...... :roll:

·
Registered
1 Posts
:shock: Interesting..folks I got my E at Image Honda - Stoney Creek (they were great) on 5/10/03 WOOHOO :!: but no free LWN's :cry: . Question did you guys get them from the dealership or from HONDA Canada :?:

thnx
Nino

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I am thinking about this. They charged me for a rear power port on an EX, which I think is included. This may be a way of making up the cost, or for making things better after waiting for so long and with so much frustration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are looking for locking wheel nuts, try McGard (www.mcgard.com). I have a 10 year old used Saab that had damaged wheel locks, they have the one of the best customer support organizations that I have ever found. Went way out of their way to solve my problem.

Can't say enough about their product support.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New owner here in Canada and my locking wheel nuts were free.....and I never got over charged for nothing, I nickel and dimed them on my lease payment.

Rick

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought mine in Olathe Kansas, and it came with free locking wheel lugs. I thought they just screwed up and put them on there without charging me. Maybe a few from Honda come that way on the truck and the dealer forgets to add it to the base cost?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe...I had a package in the truck that was opened with the old nuts and the key in it.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,023 Posts
Mine were also free. First tire rotation I removed them.....Not a lot of thieves looking for Element rims, and if they were those silly locks would not even slow them down.

If ever I had a flat and the key was lost....:evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts