Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a steel frame touring bike and didn't know that REI had one (Randonee) when they just had the 20% member coupon. I used it to save $6 on a t-shirt instead of $220 on the bike. lol

It is between a Surly LHT and the Randonee, they are so close, but REI with 20% is the deal breaker. I am just wondering how long do I have to wait? Is it a once a year thing? I hope not. :(

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
There's always a 20% member coupon with the membership dividend in the spring (March). I don't recall if there is one with each big sale or not. I'd expect two more sales, if not 3 this year. One in the fall, and one around Christmas.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think REI has the 20% coupon offer once a quarter, but PM "deafdrummer", she works for REI in Houston for the real answer.

The Long Haul Trucker is extremely popular, on our tour of SE Virginia two weeks ago we ran into an Adventure Cycling group that was just starting a cross cointry tour => http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=3Tzut&page_id=104344&v=4E. Two of their dozen and one of our five had LHT. I have another friend with a Randonee and within months he upgraded most of the components and replaced the wheels. The LHT may be a cheaper option for you after all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
REI membership

How much is the REI membership anyway? I've never really given it any consideration. Is it worth it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts