Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So earlier this morning, I got into an accident with my friend's Honda Element. 2008, EX awd. Turns out that I just broke the bumper cover and reinforcement bar (or so it seems). I will upload pictures later today, but anyone have an idea of what I'd need to fix it (tools, any small parts) and what I should be looking at for cost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The owner wants to avoid insurance as much as possible. I'm about to go home, remove the rest of the bumper cover and see if there's anything clearly visible. Here's what the damage looks like. and mainly I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not being destroyed in the cost for parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have notified my friend's insurance company and now I'm going to get an estimate. The person I talked to told me a new OEM bumper could cost me 2000 dollars. What the hell? Anyone have experience in this sort of situation?

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
I have notified my friend's insurance company and now I'm going to get an estimate. The person I talked to told me a new OEM bumper could cost me 2000 dollars. What the hell? Anyone have experience in this sort of situation?

The bumper cover on its own is only about $210

Add $150.00 for the rebar.

Paint material and labor can add another $300-$400 depending on the shop.

Your around $750 as long as the isn't other damage.

·
Registered
249 Posts

It's going to need a pull on a unibody rack to straitened out that frame horn, possible radiator support also. That's a $2500 minimum " minor" accident

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the frame horn the part that I bent? I think that's part of the replacement bar, but you could be right about the radiator support.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
And then you get all finished and discover that the AC isn't working any more because it sprang a leak, etc... These things can snowball so easily.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
And then you get all finished and discover that the AC isn't working any more because it sprang a leak, etc... These things can snowball so easily.
Or that the alignment is out due to a tweaking of the frame and your tires are prematurely doomed...I had that happen to a car once I thought I fixed myself...they never could properly align it - it needed an expensive trip to the frame straightening rack. The good thing about dealing with the insurance is they will be responsible for assessing and fixing everything related to the accident.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
for the future

This mite be good for any new insurance issues the collision shop will do an estamet for your insurance comp alot of the money they are trying to suck out of the insurance comp alot of man hours like 2 man hours to take off the wheels really no big deil to you its to get money from the ins your better off having the body shop fixing a frond end dmg so you have the work warrenteed such as a frame pull exp to do but a must if it is dmg if its just pannel dmg i would sudgest doing it yourself or paying for the pizza and beer and asking your real friends for help smokin_gunz26 out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts