Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a small accident and need to replace my front bumper. I don't want to pay and arm and leg to have someone install a new one and my dad has offered to help me put a new one on. The only issue is that we need a diagram. Does anyone know where we can get one? Has anyone replaced one before that can give me pointers?

Beware of people that stop dead in a merge lane. Bah :x

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
While the fascia is off, inspect the actual (steel) bumper for damage.
Good thought. That metal behind the plastic bumper is rather flimsy and if you crumpled the fascia there is a chance of damage to the two frame horns behind it. Check the radiator and AC condensor for damage as well.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
be sure to get the right "color" bumber too! The LX models used a light, flat "gray" color in '05, not the semi-flat semi-metalic "warm gray" (slightly darker) of the EXs!

this thread may be helpful to show the differences.

It is a pretty easy job, and will save you a bunch of money. As said, be sure to check for other damage when you've got the cover off. In fact, it is prolly best to check for hidden damage (especially leaks!) before you drive it more.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I hope posting my question in this thread is ok. My '09 EX and I did a little off-road driving last weekend and I misjudged a mud hole which broke part of the lower half of my bumper. All of the threads I have searched reference the bumper being one whole piece but when shopping around for a replacement, it looks like the '09 is in two parts? I was looking at this website http://www.myhondapartsstore.com/myhonda/jsp/home.jsp and the way the pictures look it is in two pieces. The part I broke was the passenger corner of the front bumper and the front part of the wheel well is hanging down but not rubbing the tire (unless I make a really sharp turn). I've had to drive it to work all week because it is my only vehicle and it still seems to run ok. I am a little green when it comes to car repairs and wanted to get your input on what you think. If the bumper does come in two pieces (upper and lower), if I just get the lower part and with the front part of the wheel well sagging, I should get that replacement part as well. For a novice who has only changed oil and tires, how hard is this process? Anyways, enough rambling. Sorry, I'm not the greatest at cropping and resizing images either! :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Yes, the '09 and newer have a 2pc front bumper. Just replace the lower. (or whatever parts are busted) Another link.

I've never worked on a new one, but it shouldn't be much different from one of the "classic" models. ;-)

When you do it, take lots of pics and let us know how it goes.

Have fun and good luck.

Will

·
Registered
730 Posts
Perfect! I may give it a shot myself then and will take pics if I do it. The link you gave me for Majestic is cheaper! Thanks!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts