Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought it and think it looks pretty cool. When I picked up my E from the dealer, they had drilled four large holes in the trim piece and installed a hideous plastic license plate frame. I told them they couldn't modify something without my permission, so they agreed to replace it. When I went back to get my E, all they had done was remove the trim piece and put a new stock one on instead. I made them get me a new trim piece and installed it myself - not too hard.

So, if you order one, either install it yourself or beware!

Brado

·
Registered
14 Posts
i saw an E at the dealership that had it on....i liked it (added to my "after I buy my E accessory list). stupid me forgot to take a picture (had the camera in my car too).

·
Registered
424 Posts
Is the front bumper trim more for looks or does it help take most of the blunt dings and gouges from the original bumper?

I ask because the rear bumper trim does in a certain way help take most of the dings and gouges from the original bumper < the top part of course >.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wish there was something to cover the back side of the bumper to hide scratches back there. :oops: I'm using an Elementownersclub sticker now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Those damn little paper boxes!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
And the price of $240, not installed, made me like mine even more. I couldn't believe the price for a plastic cover. C'mon aftermarket!! We're counting on you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
[quote:41beacba5b="Kayakin' Dan"]And the price of $240, not installed, made me like mine even more. I couldn't believe the price for a plastic cover. C'mon aftermarket!! We're counting on you![/quote:41beacba5b]

Yea, what's really funny is if you go to a honda parts site.....one will see that to replace the stock front bumper trim it will cost about $28!!! This pretty much tell you that the so called "custom" front cover that cost $240 is one of the most overpriced accessories out there.

If holes were drilled into your front bumper and you want it replaced.....go to http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm and order one from there.
EE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts