Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several months, I finally had the front bumper trim installed on my E. Thanks to DLC for selling me the trim piece well over a year ago, props to my local guy here in Indy - Jerry of Dr. Vinyl who took off my initial black paint and painted the once gray piece with a special paint that won't come off so it will blend and look right with the black trim of my Element. Oh yea, it passed the scratch test and didn't scrape off when I tested to see how it would hold up. Jerry assured me it's not coming off and I'm satisfied with that. Special thanks to Penske Honda who installed the trim piece for zero charge to my pocket. Saying they appreciated my business and all I do with sales, service and having the EOC meet at their facility when we need a host place locally.

This by no means suggest the SC nose conversion is a dead deal. I had thise piece and wanted to get it installed only if I could have it on the E in black and have it looking right. Should I do the conversion, the front bumper cover will have that piece on it if and when I sell the old cover. Anyway, check out the pics and let me know what you think. The ride is a little dirty and there is some road spray that has dried up on the front but to me, it looks good on the E giving it a more tough look.

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Looks good chosen like it came from the factory that way.
I like it :):)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Chozn,

Now that looks real nice. In that black color, it does look like the trim piece came like that on the bumper. Real nice job. I know what you mean about the SC front end. I keep going back and forth with this. I am doing my research and looking at costs, wiring and finish. Will have to search some of the threads to see if Dance spliced wires for the headlights. And you know me, I will want to add the fog lights. Anyway, your latest mod looks real nice and adds to the uniqueness of your Element.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I have to tell you that I like that look more than the SC look.

Nice Job Joe! That LOOKS FANTASTIC !!

Dom

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have to tell you that I like that look more than the SC look.

Nice Job Joe! That LOOKS FANTASTIC !!

Dom

Thanks Dom! It's been a long time coming but I finally got something done. You know it's tough when you have projects or irons in the fire and you haven't completed them or you're ready to get it done but time or other things get in the way. Now, the bug has bitten me again and it's "What am I going to do next?" The perpetual modification.

Thanks JSm00th, I looked it over and I don't think I can add the Accord trim piece unless I cut it. Looking at my bumper trim now, it sits lower in the center than the outer side pieces. I'm not sure how pliable it is but if it is, I could do it but it's going to sit lower in the center. Now another way would be to just add the outside corners (from the front bumper trim outside edge out) and that would give it a pretty nice look as well and looking at mine, it would blend well coming from the front bumper trim. Not sure if my bumper trim is sitting lower than everyone else's or not.

Peace!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts