Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between 30 and 40 mph under light acceleration on slightly rough road, a vibration starts that I can feel in the gas pedal and floor board .. not side to side, seems to be up and down. Generally, it stops within seconds on it's own; if not I let up on the gas and that stops it.

Vehicle has 103K, and new tires and I had them rotated after this started and it still does it.

I'm thinking strutts but I can't get the front end to even budge when I jump up and down on the "bumper" (I have Blue Ox tow rig and I put in the "pins" and can stand on them).

Any ideas? It's going into the shop .. but I like to have an idea before they start chasing "suspicions".

thanks.

·
Registered
480 Posts
CV Joints / Axle Shafts......

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I just started getting this problem too. I figured this was the problem. Anyone have any pointers on what needs to be fixed/replaced and if this is a possible DIY project for those with the tools? Obviously a repair manual would be needed before attempting this.

Thanks for your help. I will try some more searching and add to this post if I find any useful info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.