Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing factory foglights in my '08 SC and I'm a little stuck. I'm just getting started and the fron bumper/fascia won't come off. All the fasteners are out. There seems to be a strip of adhesive behind the headlights. It doesn't want to come off. No one else has mentioned this so I'm wanting to make sure I'm not doing something wrong?

Thanks -

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
there is no adhesive behind the headlight but there is a piece of metal that a flat piece of the bumper slides into that is a little tight sometimes comming out. that is what sounds like you are describing it getting caught on. same thing on mine when i did mine. just try to get your arm up behind the bumper under the lights and push it out from the outside edge fist. it'll come.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks -

I got it off. It took a lot more force than I thought it would. It was hanging up where it meets the side fender, I took the white screw grommets out and pushed it off as recommended - what i thought was a strip of adhesive is a pad for the edge of the side fender.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Thanks -

I got it off. It took a lot more force than I thought it would. It was hanging up where it meets the side fender, I took the white screw grommets out and pushed it off as recommended - what i thought was a strip of adhesive is a pad for the edge of the side fender.
Terrific! Now let's see a pic of those installed fogs in operation at dusk!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts