Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what size bolt/screw to use to mount the front license plate bracket on an '03. The holes are already there, just not sure what to buy at the hardware store.

·
Registered
359 Posts
...mine *was* attached with *wood* screws. Any handy 1 1/2" or 2" drywall screws with washers should do the trick but avoid using the same holes and over tightening.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts

You're in Pee Yay....whada ya messing w/ a front tag for?!

Anywho...the bracket hooks over the front bumper cover on top, then two "type C" tapping screws are used to fasten it to the bumper cover. (at least mine was that way....since removed) Ask for a "pan head" "sheet metal" or "tapping screws", size #10 or #12(diameter, about 3/16") by 3/4" (long) at your local hardware store. A #14 may be a bit large for the job, or it may be a good size if the existing holes are enlarged by a torn off bracket.

The screws holding the plate to the bracket are also tapping screws. I'd say use a #10 x3/4".

The ones on the rear tailgate are machine screws. M6x1.0(pitch) about 16-20mm long.

I highly recomend stainless steel for all of them (the extra pennies are well worth it at removal time!) and some silicone RTV on the threads of the rear ones.

Good luck.

If you have any trouble, PM me and i'll mail you some out asap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys. It turned out to take a #14X1" to get it done. I know I am not required to have a front plate, but the holes were already there, and I got the bracket for free. Besides, I like to show some Team pride.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Thanks Guys. It turned out to take a #14X1" to get it done. I know I am not required to have a front plate, but the holes were already there, and I got the bracket for free. Besides, I like to show some Team pride.
you knows that just begs a picture that shows the pride.

<grin>

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
you wasted 4 screws installing that!
<GRIN> <GRIN> <GRIN>

nah, if that's what you like, so be it. no hate from me.
i've heard it said that Charger fans love the Raiders, because they can count on a W. and for the Democrats in that group, it's probably the only W they've ever counted on.

personally, when i think of football, i think of a game that is played w/ the feet kicking a ball-shaped ball. but that's just me, i suppose. <grin>

anyway, the installation looks good.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Does anybody know the part number for the front license plate bracket?
Yor local Honda dealer should be able to hook you up quite easily.....or try "Majestic Honda" online. LINK The've got good parts breakdowns.

You could just skip it too....run two screws (like you would use on the bracket anyway) thru the plate and into the bumper cover insert.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts