Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic piece on the lower right side (near the center emergency break console) seems to be loose ever since the dealership started working on the rocking seat issue.

Does anyone have any idea how the plastic attaches to the seat? Does it use some kind of clip?

The dealer has been less than competent at resolving the rocking seat issue. I want the trim fixed correctly on my third and final visit.

Thanks for your help.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
The plastic piece on the lower right side (near the center emergency break console) seems to be loose ever since the dealership started working on the rocking seat issue.

Does anyone have any idea how the plastic attaches to the seat? Does it use some kind of clip?

The dealer has been less than competent at resolving the rocking seat issue. I want the trim fixed correctly on my third and final visit.

Thanks for your help.

Step #11 here shows how the inner cover is held on.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/seatrock.pdf

The "Tech" that repaired my seat for the second time on my 2003 managed to mangle the inner cover trying to take it off....And i was an employee at the time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So can I get the clips and hooks somewhere?

Or do I need to make them replace the whole trim piece? It's particularly loose around the seat belt part. I'm starting to think the only part that's attached correctly is toward the front of the seat. After looking at that picture, I'm wondering if they broke off the hooks.

I'd like to take whatever parts I need with me to the dealer. It's about 40 miles each way and I don't want to keep making round trips everytime they need to "order" the parts they need.

I wish I had a workspace where I live because I'm starting to think I could have solved this much faster simply by ordering the stuff from the site sponsor.

Thanks for the quick response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts