Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy owner of a 2008 AWD element, I use it for everything, hauling, carrying and even loading 10' pipes. However I am a bit of a slob and really dirtied up the front seats with my construction clothes. I wanted to buy the seat covers from the ebay ads but was tentative to do so...now i have really dirty front seats.

Before i try cleaning solutions etc. has anyone successfully pulled off the covers and washed them in a washing machine/dryer scenario? If so chime in before the local detail shop takes my $$$

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The factory upholstery is held on with hog rings. They are a one time use item and would have to be replaced if you removed the upholstery. I reupholstered my 07 seats with leather and believe me it is a major job to take off the factory covering. drew:cool:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Honda has alot of stuff at the dealership that is designed for our trucks such as the old paint/touchup spray specifically for the older gray plastic fenders. check with the parts dept or the service next time you are in and see if they have something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes you can just wash them. I do it all the time on customers cars. I always use a little gojo in there too. The seats just take a little common sense to r&r, you should be able to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts