Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put rear seats where front ones are reason is so that they could fold down and be flat, like the rears and some one with the know how could make then so that they raise up so that they are even with the back, air ride would work or incorperate a raiseing feature like the drivers side and the brake handel could be turned into a screw handel like the screw on a vice on a c clamp or a rachet like a rachet strap just a thought

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
This post is a bit confusing.

You don't replace seats willy nilly, especially if they incorporate side airbags and seat belts. The rear seats have a totally different mounting system than the front ones.

Also which year of Element are you talking about?

On my 03, the front seats slide all the way forward, and fold back, lining up with the rear seats (with the head rests removed). I don't see any point in changing them.

At a latter point, the front seats where changed so they incorporated the front shoulder straps. These no longer fold forward (past vertical), but, as far as I know, still fold back.

I don't know if there are any changes in the 09.

As for changes to the hand brake - it is easy to remove the cover, exposing the full details of this brake.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Just used U-Bolts and mounted em to the floor. Much more comfy plus now I can put my feet up when cruise control is on.
I've done that kind of thing, in the past, with rear seats. One was in a bare bones Trooper II, the other the jump seats in the back of pickup. As for the Element, the rear seats were replaced by a platform 4 years ago.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what the heck did i start this for

sorry I put fire to that fuse the point of the mater is to get a bench seat sort of thing like the back seat so that when all are folded down it would make a better or flater surface to lay on this then would need the removel or modification of the hand brake WoW sorry i asked but i must say that a lawn chair would be nice LOL

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I believe a thick air mattress has enough stiffness to span the gap between the front seats.

In my camping setup, I replaced the rear seats with a 4' long platform, By putting our heads at the tailgate end (all the way back), only our legs extend over the front seats. The gap between the front seats is used for storage. The seat portion of the front seats is also free for storage. With this setup, the hand brake does not get in the way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sorry I put fire to that fuse the point of the mater is to get a bench seat sort of thing like the back seat so that when all are folded down it would make a better or flater surface to lay on this then would need the removel or modification of the hand brake WoW sorry i asked but i must say that a lawn chair would be nice LOL
Tip, try using punctuation. Your posts are nearly impossible to read.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts