Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone...

Thought I would share my experience with changing my front stabilizer links on my E. I had been experiencing some creaks and groans when hitting certain bumps and entering and leaving my driveway. All indications pointed to the front stabilizer links.
The removal and installation was fairly straightforward. Since I was going to re-lubricate my front caliper pins anyway I jacked up the E and removed both front tires and set the frame down on safety stands. Once I had the calipers disassembled I found it easier to get to the stabilizer link bolts. You can remove these in two different ways. With a wrench (removing the fasteners) or with an abrasive wheel (cutting them off). I chose to remove them by using the first method. I first soaked the nuts down with WD-40 first to melt some of the rust away. After getting the nuts to break loose I used an allen wrench on the inside of the link attachment to hold it from turning. (the engineers thought of everything). When both nuts are removed the links just pull right out. Installation is the reverse. I found that I had to move the link end into postion on the new link so it would fit into the stabilizer bar on both sides. I did not need the allen wrench to install the new nuts.

51320-S5A-003 Right Side $12.53
51321-S5A-003 Left Side $12.53
90002-S10-000 Nuts 4 each $1.72 ea = $6.88
HondaPartsDeals.com

Noise is all gone and the E even rides a little better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ugh

Im went through the same trouble on the rear. Im in Cleveland and the rust was too bad on the rear stabilizer links (sway bar end links). I soaked them with penetrating oil (PB Blaster) - ended up cutting them off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts