Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time I've brought my element somewhere to have the front strut mounts replaced. They both said it was the wrong part. The first time it was some aftermarket part. This time, it was OEM from hondapartsnow or whatever and it supposed to be exact fit for 2010 ex.

These are obviously not the dealerships that told me this.

My car is there right now and he is telling me to get the right part. and sent me side by side pics ill attach below. They do look different.

I have looked extensively through our archives and google searches, and the part replacements recommended all basically look the same. Which is what I brought him.... the whole kit OEM.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What am I missing here? Can someone specify the part I need I guess? Are they just not doing it right?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
apparently the strut mounts worked out ok, but the passenger engine mount isn't lining up as those pics show. jeez.
anyone got a similar story?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honda 50821-scv-a03

any good aftermarket parts? oem is like $153..... i only paid like $70 for all 3 engine mounts and the tranny mount. jeez.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
today i had done- new front and rear strut mounts, alignment, all 3 engine mounts and tranny mount, and both front lower ball joints replaced. He also tried to fit a different aftermarket engine side mount, but it also didn't align. He has one more coming in the am for $80 and hopefully it'll fit. He said the old one is fairly busted up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The gen1 and gen2 passenger side engine mount has one bolt hole (that one in the picture) that is slightly offset from one another. So you have the wrong mount unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The gen1 and gen2 passenger side engine mount has one bolt hole (that one in the picture) that is slightly offset from one another. So you have the wrong mount unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same part number though?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts