Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Ok peoples, maybe this has been asked before, but have we decided what channel/sub-channel to use when we get together on our drives? FRS's seem to work the best during these meets/drives and my suggestion would be Channel 8 (H is the 8th letter) and sub-channel 5 (for E!). Whatchoo guys tink?

·
Registered
176 Posts
FRS is the channel band used by those handheld walkie talkies you see families carrying around shopping malls/fairs/etc.

FRS radios are mostly compatable with each other no matter what brand you get. Some have "privacy codes" that are supposed to be brand specific, but I've tested this a limited # of times and found it to not work too well.

You can get FRS radios at wal mart for around 20 bucks apiece. Great investment if you ask me- they're a great thing to have when it comes to being in a huge crowd. probably very good for driving, considering that most FRS radios have a 2-mile line-of-sight range.

i used one in the william shatner paintball game, but lost it in a fall and nobody turned it in :( worked well the 45 or so minutes i had it in use :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:2064e9bb33="tigernumber6"]Thanks for answer.

My cell phone seems to be doing the trick for the most part :)[/quote:2064e9bb33]

Cell's are great, but when you're in a group of E's, nothing beats the 'instant on' that FRSs provide. Picture the lead car spotting a bogey, s/he would be able to notify the others immediately. Plus color commentary could be heard by all at once! :) Pretty cool considering that they cost less than $30.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Privacy codes are not generally worth the hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts