Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ever go looking for parts thinking all E's are made alike? Only to find the parts you need seem to be only for that year specifically and they are gonna cost and arm and a leg? First it was the first strut assemblies 06 and prior everyone and their mother carries them for dirt cheap. 07 and up you can only get the strut its self and individually costs more than 2 full assemblies for the 06 and prior. Now it's TPMS sensors 09 and up get 4 of them for just a little more than one of 08 and prior years if they had them. I think maybe I bough the wrong year of E oh well I still love it.

Side note 06 and prior strut assemblies do work on 07 and up (or at least the 08). There is a little grinding needed on the brake line bracket on one of them.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I feel your pain rroberts! Especially with [email protected]#% TPMS sensors! I figure I'm at least smart enough to know when my tires need air! I don't need some [email protected]#$% machine telling me when (and getting it wrong half the time)! I'm so glad my Element is a 2003 and doesn't have them! But my Accord is a 2011 and does! : - (

I hate the 21st century. : - (

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel your pain rroberts! Especially with [email protected]#% TPMS sensors! I figure I'm at least smart enough to know when my tires need air! I don't need some [email protected]#$% machine telling me when (and getting it wrong half the time)! I'm so glad my Element is a 2003 and doesn't have them! But my Accord is a 2011 and does! : - (

I hate the 21st century. : - (
Yea unfortunately I bought the first year it was required that vehicles have the TPMS installed. I would take them out but I hate seeing lights on on my dash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts