Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.

I have an '08 Element Radio for sale. Came out of my EX. I upgraded my system and don't need it. I'm asking $100 shipped. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
Alvin
[email protected]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Does this radio have an input for ipods? And does anyone know if i could swap this into my 2004 LX? (wanting to get ipod controls in my car)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this radio have an input for ipods? And does anyone know if i could swap this into my 2004 LX? (wanting to get ipod controls in my car)
Here are pictures of the Radio. I just reread your post. I think you'll have to purchase the iPod Add-On device and have it installed in order to control your iPod.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again.

Alvin

Attachments

·
12,180 Posts

Without the factory amp this will not work in an LX. You need the Honda amp or you will not have any sound.

You are better off just buying an aftermarket radio that is i-pod ready.

H&A sells an interface unit that plugs into the back of the factory radio...But you would have to check with them to see if it will work with your application.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementelect.html

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
You would also need the subwoofer, the aux input jack, and the XM box if you want to use the built-in XM.

Making an EX radio work in an LX probably isn't worth the effort and expense, IMO. Hopefully there's an EX owner with a broken radio who can take advantage of this.

BTW ALpianoman, are you using the stock amp with your new HU?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, I replaced everything. New Amp, New Sub, New Speakers, etc....

Now that I think about it. I bet I still have the Stock Amp and XM Box in the car. I should try and get those out of there. :)

Alvin

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok- this is perfect

My cd player crapped out. I had a cd stuck in it and I guess from messing with it the motor is shot. I have a 2005 EX- will a 2008 radio/ cd player work in my 2005? It sure looks the same in the pics. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.:)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My cd player crapped out. I had a cd stuck in it and I guess from messing with it the motor is shot. I have a 2005 EX- will a 2008 radio/ cd player work in my 2005? It sure looks the same in the pics. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.:)
Yes, it will.

I have installed an 08 stereo on my 04 E because I wanted the XM capability for my iPod/iPhone integration system (iSimple). You might have to get an adapter for the antenna however. My 04 has a round plug, but the newer stereo requires a square plug. I don't know what an 05 EX radio has. Best Buy or any decent sound shop should have the adapters.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention you will also need a new trim around the stereo. The newer stereo's face is shaped slightly different. The bottom is slightly narrower than the older stereos. Just get the trim for an 08 EX online or from your local dealer (in the right color).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Really?

I'm at the dealer right now waiting for service to be completed and I asked the parts guy if the radios are the same- he said the 03-05 are the same, 06 and up are different. Asked about radio trim garnish and he said it would be a different color than my silver. Please---seriously, is it really apples & apples -no garnish change or anything? I hate having stuff that don't work or fit hanging around. Thanks guys

·
12,180 Posts
I'm at the dealer right now waiting for service to be completed and I asked the parts guy if the radios are the same- he said the 03-05 are the same, 06 and up are different. Asked about radio trim garnish and he said it would be a different color than my silver. Please---seriously, is it really apples & apples -no garnish change or anything? I hate having stuff that don't work or fit hanging around. Thanks guys

Your parts guy is right and just as Snuffleupagus stated the 2007+ radio has a different shape from the older radios and the garnish will need to be changed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you

Thank you EOCr's!Once again you've come up with with good info. Looks like I gotta get me a 2005 radio. If anyone on EOC has one for sale w/ code, I'll buy it, Otherwise I'm off to ebay:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts