Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - someone can hopefully use these. And I am not looking to get rich from these, just a fair offer and cover the shipping:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
FS: Just removed after purchase. Make an offer on either or both. I have the factory trim and aluminum housing thingy and wiring as well. Thanks!
I'd be interested in the ipod kit. Not sure if it works on my 2005 - 2006 HU (with XM) though..? Anyone can chime in ?

otherwise i'll have to buy your head unit as well. Kinda lazy and don't want to run more wires from the SC console to the HU.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the newer honda radios use "addressing" for the accessories so that multiple things like xm, changer, ipod, etc anc all be plugged in and work. i am not sure that the older ones did this. would be something you need to find out or you could just get his whole set up

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be interested in the ipod kit. Not sure if it works on my 2005 - 2006 HU (with XM) though..? Anyone can chime in ?

otherwise i'll have to buy your head unit as well. Kinda lazy and don't want to run more wires from the SC console to the HU.
I can't comment on whether or not it will work with your head unit, sorry. However, if the ad still shows both as available, then I still have both.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can't comment on whether or not it will work with your head unit, sorry. However, if the ad still shows both as available, then I still have both.
Whippet - Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the back of your headunit? So I can match to see if I have the same kind of connector plugs on my 04.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Whippet - Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the back of your headunit? So I can match to see if I have the same kind of connector plugs on my 04.

And also a picture of the "aluminum housing thing" and trim would be great so I know what i'm buying and what I may need.

Thx!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
spoke with my friend that is incharge of the axxess interface line of products for metra. the 05 and up radios use the addressing where the radio can actually control and external ipod piece or multiple add on units, you would need the radio as well even if the connector is the same (which it should be) unless you have a newer radio in there now that was out of something 05 or newer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not a problem ... let me know if you need more.//SOLD//

Come to think of it, I don't think the factory stereo had trim around it. I believe that it fits perfectly without it. The square one in the photo was the stock GM one or whatever came in the box of the Pioneer that I purchased. I didn't install myself, so I assumed that it came out of the dash.
I knew there was something that I couldn't figure out about that shape. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks,

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not a problem ... let me know if you need more.

Thanks for the pictures Whippet. My 2005 Stock Stereo has MP3 functions and looks exactly the same (on the back ) as your pictures posted above. The only difference is the front cosmetic differences.

I think i'll need a new dash bezel around the stereo since i believe those look different as seen in this picture: http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2009/element-sc/interior-gallery/gal_lg4.jpg

How much are you asking for for both the stereo plus the ipod adapter attachment shipped to 94112?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The 09's are angled/in a bit of a V shape the same way. I'm not sure why this appears different. I had to get a new one from Crutchfield for the other radio that I had installed. It is the 2007-up kit that fits the 09.
PM or email me with an offer - I am not looking to get rich nor am I easily insulted. It will likely cost me 20-25 to ship. Thanks!:smile:

Dennis aka Whippet
nukeproof at shaw.ca

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Price

//SOLD//
PM or email direct - nukeproof at shaw.ca
Thanks!:)

Dennis aka Whippet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts