Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element EX AWD AT
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has come for me to sell my beloved Toaster.

2006 Element EX with 4WD (and rear sunroof)
Automatic transmission
115,600 miles

Car is with me in Los Angeles now (registered in CA), but was originally sold and registered in NY. Clean title and SMOG certificate in hand. Registration paid in CA through August 2021.

I purchased it in May 2019 when it had ~95k miles on it from a guy in Queens, NY who wanted to turn it into an ECamper, but never got around to it. He didn't have it long and had the Carfax from the previous owner that showed it was always serviced by dealerships in NY.

My girlfriend and I moved with it across the country last summer to LA. Between the roadtrip and driving around since, I have put another 20k miles on it and had it serviced at the dealership twice (including last week). Values adjusted and spark plugs replaced late last year.

Each side has sizeable dents on the doors that were there when I bought it - presumably from NY parking. Rest of the body, and most importantly the frame, are straight and clean.

The interior is in really great shape, aside from the ubiquitious cracking on the side of the driver's seat.

It is all stock, except:
To be upfront, the dealership mentioned that they saw a few oil leaks, though they aren't serious enough to necessitate topoffs between oil changes. My guess would be some combination of the plug washer, oil filter and maybe oil pan or valve cover gaskets.
They also recommended flushing the other fluids (coolant, diff, transmission, brakes) based on the mileage, but the car does not seem to have any actual mechanical issues.

Selling because I needed to buy something with a little more clearance, but this trusty toaster has been good to me.

Looking for $6500 with the roof racks and cabana included.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is still for sale. Here are some more pictures - please ignore the parking lot skid marks (it wasn't me!).

I tried to get pictures of the worst to be super upfront (door dents and driver's seat cracking).
IMG_0291.jpg IMG_0292.jpg IMG_0293.jpg IMG_0294.jpg IMG_0295.jpg IMG_0296.jpg IMG_0297.jpg IMG_0298.jpg IMG_0299.jpg IMG_0300.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had quite a few DMs asking about the rust on the undercarriage.

I was definitely worried about rust when I was looking for an E back east, and passed on a few with rusted-through frames before I found this one. There is some surface rust, mostly on replaceable components, but the frame and body are in great shape - nothing is rotted through or compromised.

IMG_0308.jpg IMG_0307.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in LA. Pls let me know if you’re considering asking your OEM cabana tent and how much you would like for it. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts