Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is my 2006 Honda Element EX, with AWD and an Automatic transmission. The car currently has 107,xxx miles on it. I purchased this E a few months ago from CarMax, which performs a pretty thorough inspection on all of the cars that they sell. It has new front lower control arms and bushings (3,000 miles old/ a few months old). I am not aware of any problems with the car. It runs great and drives very nice. The paint is in great condition, with almost no blemishes (there is a very small door ding scuff but there is no dent, so it could probably be buffed out pretty easily). It is also dent free, and very clean. The tires are Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S, with a lot of tread left (see image with tread depth reference). It is also equipped with an OEM roof rack, OEM fog lights, OEM rubber floor mats, and OEM rear cargo area mat. The car has no known accident history (clean title and carfax), and this is ensured by the fact that all body panels (plastic pieces, bumpers, doors, etc.) have matching VIN numbers to the car. As you can see in the pictures I have made a few minor modifications, most of which are just cosmetic. Here is a list (and if it can be converted back to stock if desired by the purchaser):

• Factory wheels painted semi-gloss black with clear coat. The paint is in excellent condition. They don't have any scratches, nicks, or curb rash. (Can not be converted to original)
  • Front plastic bumper trim (previously light gray) painted wheel matching semi-gloss black. Paint is in excellent condition with no scratches or chips. (Can not be converted to original)
  • Rear plastic bumper trim (previously light gray painted wheel matching semi-gloss black. Paint is in excellent condition with no scratches or chips. (Can not be converted to original)
  • Upper and Lower grille replaced (Lower grille can be converted to original, but upper grille cannot)
  • All Badges (Honda Emblem, etc.) Removed (Can be converted to original)
  • Brighter backup lights (Can be converted to original)
  • Side markers converted to turn signals (Can be converted to original)
  • Rear 12V outlet is always on, which helps for when you are camping or need to keep something powered when you can't leave the keys in the ignition. (Can be converted to original)
  • DIY Custom Cold Air Intake, which utilizes the factory air filter so reliability isn't compromised. (Can be converted to original)
  • Class III U-Haul Hitch, which is the same as the Hidden Hitch (Can be removed)
  • OEM Wheel Locks (Can be removed)
  • OEM Side Steps (Not installed but can be included or installed)
Since I have owned the car it has been kept in a garage, and I hand clean it about every other day. I have not driven the car down any dirt roads (except slowly twice for a short distance). I have changed the oil and filter every 3,000 miles. Since I have owned it I have also replaced the spark plugs, air filter, and cabin air filter. I have been averaging about 20mpg and that is 90% city. I love this E, but we have two of them, and I am looking at S2000s.

I would like to get $12,000 for this very nice Element. Like the title says, it isn't 100% for sale yet. I am really trying to just get it out there, and see if anybody is interested.

Here are some current pictures:

·
Registered
816 Posts
that was fast

wow..i remember a few months ago when you got the car...you seemed very happy with it..well good luck with the sale..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still very happy with this E. I love it, it is just that ever since I was about 5 years old my Grandpa (passed away several years ago) bought me a really cool radio controlled car, that had a red S2000 body. I remember thinking that that would be like the coolest car ever, and thought that I would never be able to own one. So it has kind of always been my dream car. There is nothing wrong with the E, and no reason for selling it besides the part that I cant have it and an S2000.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any chance you parting out the side steps??
Possibly. They are really off my dad's '04 E but he said I could sell them with the car, so he would probably willing to sell them separately. I don't really know what they are worth though, so an offer would be nice.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Bad timing, I just bought a rallye red E a few days before you posted this one for sale. Wish I could buy your parts though! Still need fog lights and the roof rack. I don't know how hard those are to remove though, or if they're even removeable at all :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can easily remove the roof rack, but removing the fog lights would leave holes in your front bumper. I would need the roof rack if I were to keep it, and I think I should sell it with the car. Sorry.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sold

The car is now sold! Thanks for everyones interest. I will post info on the S2000 once I get it!

Thanks again everyone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.