Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I suppose I knew this day would come – we traded LEGOlass in and bought a hybrid. I have to commute for my new job, and could no longer justify the fuel (dis)economy of our lovely toaster.

Of course, the dealer wasn’t interested in the mods etc. we’ve added over the past few years, so we have quite a bit of kit for sale.

1. Super-secure, super-comfortable (full-sized) bed system: includes complete bed mounting system; mattress; gear sling (useful for corralling folding chairs, etc); dog-retaining zipline; 3K lb ratcheting tie down (for securing the zipline and bed mounts to the floor, creating a separate storage area behind the read doors); and orange traction strips.

46 Bed, deployed - from back.jpg
40 From front, without slats.jpg

I swear this thing is as comfortable as the bed in our home.

I posted a detailed build-blog starting here and also here. If you want to see how the bed is set up, see here (my wife can set it up by herself in ten minutes).

$200 OBO, comes with free installation and setup demonstration.

2. Stingray Low-Profile Roof Rack Cargo Storage Basket with custom low-profile mounts, Yakima Control Tower, Yakima SKS lock cores, and Yakima Landing Pads (#9). The rack sits an inch above the roof, and extends just to the front edge of the moon roof.

IOS 046.JPG

$300 OBO (originally over $400)

3. Custom interior gear netting – keep jackets, pillows etc. within reach from anywhere in the car, but up out of your line of sight while driving. I’ll even throw in the side netting we use to corral gear behind the passenger seat so it doesn’t fall over onto our pup while we’re under way.

002.jpg

$30 (basically, parts – a steal)

4. Explorer 2 SUV tent – modified for the E. We replaced the area that covers the moon roof with clear marine-grade plastic. It works super-well with the E, essentially adding a (kneeling) room over the tailgate.

48 Tent, from back.jpg

$80 OBO (originally $130)

5. Front door window Screenz – like new. These things are UHMAZING – combined with the Explorer 2 tent, we have no problems with bugs or ventilation. None.

$80 OBO (originally $100)

6. Super-simple but effective cup holders – attaches to metal flanges under the dash.

photo 1.jpg

Free.

If you're into the whole brevity thing, I'll sell the whole pile for $500.

Cash ONLY, Seattle-area pickup ONLY.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and the sunshade for the windshield doesn't fit the new car, so I'll throw that in for free along with the first offer.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I am interested in the interior gear netting. Will PM you later today.

With regards to the bed system, does this work with the rear seats around (or do I have to remove it)?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
You should mention dealer name for anyone looking for an E itself. I wish I was in the market =(

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We traded in at "Magic Toyota" of Edmonds, WA. Since they're not a Toyota dealer, they may be moving it to a Honda dealership, though.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
We traded in at "Magic Toyota" of Edmonds, WA. Since they're not a Toyota dealer, they may be moving it to a Honda dealership, though.
Man I wish I could trade up to an EX-P Kiwi with moonroof. :severe dismay emoji:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
87K miles, in tip-top shape. If you look for pre-owned cars at Magic Toyota of Edmonds, WA, they have it listed for just under $14K.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i remember this used to go over the front seats.. does it still?

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup. We'd usually set it up with the drivers seat up and all the way forward, to leave space below for the cooler at night. We'd tip the passenger seat back (and push it all the way forward) so our pup could sleep on the seat.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all. Everything has been sold except the tent.

I'll lower the asking price for that to $75, and allow for shipping (buyer pays).

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Explorer 2 SUV tent tailored to the E

Bump. Everything has sold except the Explorer 2 SUV tent (customized for the E).

We replaced the area that covers the moon roof with clear marine-grade plastic. It works super-well with the E, essentially adding a (kneeling) room over the tailgate.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.