Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Element and pulled out the 2" hitch on it. It was on the E for about 3 years. Sure, it has aged over the years showing rust in many areas. I attacked it with a steel brush attachment then painted it black. Certainly not a quality job. Just black. It may sound sketchy but really, none of the rust has caused structural damage. Only the paint stripped. Last year, I hauled two sport bikes on a Big Tex trailer for 600 miles. Did that 3 times last year.

I'm not trying to get much out of it. Just thought I'd pass it off to another E owner rather than junk it. I was too lazy to pull the wiring harness out before I traded it in for a Ridgeline. I just couldn't punish the E anymore with many more hauling to come.

This is only for the hitch. I'm in the DC and Baltimore area most of the time. Be advised that this is the hitch that requires slightly enlarging the bolt insert holes. I simply took a half-round file to it about 10 strokes on each and it was enough. Recommend touching up to prevent rusting. Let me know if you're interested. I don't think it would be worthwhile to have this shipped but I can if you really want it.

I'll put it at less than half the price etrailer is selling a new one. $70? That should be fair. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reduced

How about $50?
I'm getting ready to move and I'm not taking this with me. I hate that it go to waste.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
will this fit a 2007EX?

Thanks
I don't see why not. I'm not savvy with how the different models changed up however, I don't think the chasis did at all. You'll have to do your research but it's a safe bet, if you ask me.

I've since painted it gloss black rust preventor. Pics attached are pre-painting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics added

Changed the pics to the painted version.
Please note that this will not come with the wiring harness. Neither will it come with hitch attachment. This is only for the hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already moved

So I've already moved but left it sitting at my old place where it's likely to stay put. If anyone in the DC metro area wants it, let me know. Maybe it'll still be there.

I've gotten several inquiries from out of state. Shipping is about $100. You don't want this if you're thinking of shipping. If you're local (DC/VA/MD), you win!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts