Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thats right. They are now shipping. Those who were interested in the remote starts that they can install themselves they can now buy one. We have a page in the club store now and there is information about the unit up there. Please see the page for this information and to purchase a unit

http://www.hondaclubstore.com/element/remote_start.htm

Also if you have any further questions about the unit see our other post before posting here as it may have already been answered.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57455

This unit has received the "BigAl approval" as well, with him helping iron any kinks out while the units were being made, and made better as well as revisions to the instruction to make it more installer friendly.

Well, testing is done and this mod is BigAl approved. :D

I've been in contact with Zack and we've been ironing out a few wrinkles to make this as DIY-friendly as possible. The installation instructions that he provides are clear and simple. I must warn, however, that if you're not mechanically inclined, this mod is NOT for you. It requires removal of a few panels, recognition and tapping of wires, and the normal bending and contorting that is normally involved with working under the dash. While everything is easy to understand, just getting to some of the harnesses is the biggest challenge.

Once installed, the system is simple to use. First of all, it replaces the factory remote by locking and unlocking all of the doors with a single click. :cool:

To start the engine, you press the * button for one second, the lights flash, then the engine cranks. It has a couple of security features...you can start it with the doors locked, then unlock as you approach, and also the brake pedal cuts the remote start circuit. If someone hops in to try to take the car, as soon as they press on the brake to take it out of park, the engine dies. In order to drive off, you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to "on" (NOT start) before pressing the brake pedal. Once started, the marker lights flash to give a visual reminder that the engine is running. The remote ignition automatically times out after 12 minutes.

Right now, it has a range of 30 to 40 feet, but I need to play around with the antenna placement. I will post my findings when I get a chance to mess with it.

Stay tuned for more details...;-)
Please PM me with any questions you may have before ordering. This unit can be installed with basic hand tools and includes all connectors that are needed to install the unit. You should have a basic understanding of electrical circuits and know how to make connections in the vehicle correctly before atempting this DIY mod. It is NOT FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION ELEMENTS. That having been said, it's ready for those who are ready for it. ;-)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not this unit. there are some that are remote start and alarm all in one unit as it has to monitor door triggers and other entry points plus follow a shut down procedure everytime your exit to ensure "safe starting" but i personally wont even install one of those on a car. plus they are considerably more expensive and more involved to install.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
not this unit. there are some that are remote start and alarm all in one unit as it has to monitor door triggers and other entry points plus follow a shut down procedure everytime your exit to ensure "safe starting" but i personally wont even install one of those on a car. plus they are considerably more expensive and more involved to install.
I was afraid you were gonna say that. *sigh* The price you pay for control...:sad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is there any way you could post the instructions on this page? I'm a bit nervous about wiring work and would like to see what I'd be getting myself into before I ordered.

Twi, apparently thats the price for control... but not REMOTE control:lol:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hope to have the instruction postable soon, but all the pictures have to be watermarked before i put the instruction PDF up. right now it is just in printed form.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any way you could post the instructions on this page? I'm a bit nervous about wiring work and would like to see what I'd be getting myself into before I ordered.

Twi, apparently thats the price for control... but not REMOTE control:lol:
They are now up on the page that the unit can be purchased in the club store.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its gonna start getting cold soon folks, and you wont want to be trying to put this in with gloves on because you waited too long. :) the instructions are now up on the order page for those who want to see exactly what is involved.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you ever fix that "awesome" 30-40 foot range issue?
I dont know that Al has had a chance to mess with his but mine works from over 100 feet away. i dont know what kind of range you need with it, but you shouldnt be starting it if you cant see it from where you are anyway.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thats right. They are now shipping. Those who were interested in the remote starts that they can install themselves they can now buy one. We have a page in the club store now and there is information about the unit up there. Please see the page for this information and to purchase a unit

http://www.hondaclubstore.com/element/remote_start.htm

Also if you have any further questions about the unit see our other post before posting here as it may have already been answered. The instructions are also posted for those that want to see what you will be getting into before buying one to make sure it looks like something you are capable of.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57455

This unit has received the "BigAl approval" as well, with him helping iron any kinks out while the units were being made, and made better as well as revisions to the instruction to make it more installer friendly.

Please PM me with any questions you may have before ordering. This unit can be installed with basic hand tools and includes all connectors that are needed to install the unit. You should have a basic understanding of electrical circuits and know how to make connections in the vehicle correctly before atempting this DIY mod. It is NOT FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION ELEMENTS. That having been said, it's ready for those who are ready for it. ;-)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now i cannot gaurantee that this will make anyone as cool as big al, but it will make your e super cool in the summer, and hot in the winter. ;-) winter time is comming people, you wont want to be fumbling around when it is too cold to install it.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
For all you fellow cold weather people, you won't be sorry getting one of these. Actually you'll wonder how you ever did without one. And this is a really good price.

I'm about to cough up $400 to have one installed on my E. Main issue is that it's a manual transmission.

Anyway, take my word for it. I've done 7 nasty winters up here in North Dakota so far. Being able to fire up the car 10 minutes before going outside and not having to scrape windows, have a cold butt and steering wheels, and not feeling like you're driving a freezer box is great.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For all you fellow cold weather people, you won't be sorry getting one of these. Actually you'll wonder how you ever did without one. And this is a really good price.

I'm about to cough up $400 to have one installed on my E. Main issue is that it's a manual transmission.

Anyway, take my word for it. I've done 7 nasty winters up here in North Dakota so far. Being able to fire up the car 10 minutes before going outside and not having to scrape windows, have a cold butt and steering wheels, and not feeling like you're driving a freezer box is great.
thanks for the bump. it is very nice to have. i have had it on almost every car i have owned in the past 10 years (except my s2k since it was manual) and i couldnt do without it now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm pretty much sold on this. A little hesitant as I've never messed with vehicle wiring aside from car stereos and the potential for the vehicle not starting when I'm done seems quite prevalent :). I imagine it's similar to a car stereo install as far as connecting wires though I've always used the posi-twist wire nuts. I don't know a lot about remote start honestly. Couple questions:

A ball park install time on this from start to finish using the t-taps?

Is there a pic of the actual remote somewhere? I didn't see one.

How do you activate the timer mode and what settings does that entail?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts