Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm selling a brand new iSimple PXAMG iPod adapter. I know it'll work in the latest generation of Element but you'd better check their site for compatability in other generations.

It's currently listed on eBay with a starting price of $10 and a buy it now price of $120.

iSimple PXAMG iPod adapter

I was going to install it in my wifes' car but with her 6-CD changer and the PCMCIA card slot with a 4GB compact flash card in it she decided we don't need it. So, I'm selling it.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions for me. I'm not an expert on these but I have one installed in my '06 Pilot and really like it! It's not quite as good as factory integration but it's pretty darn close (IMHO)!

Thanks!
Larry.

·
Registered
212 Posts
does it work with the factory stereo?I have an 07 SC and I like the head unit and I dont want an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it work with the factory stereo?I have an 07 SC and I like the head unit and I dont want an aftermarket one.
I don't know off the top of my head but you can check on their website for the compatibility list. Unfortunately it appears that their site is unreachable at the moment. Hopefully it'll be back up shortly and you can see the list here:
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=276&CategoryID=36

You'll see the details below the picture and the 4th tab I believe has the list of all vehicles they support. I do know that you'll need to have an XM button on your stereo.

If your year/model is supported then yes, it'll work wonderfully with your factory stereo. You hard wire it in-line from the XM radio module to your head-unit. Then, when you select XM you get a menu where you select AUX1, AUX2, IPOD or SAT. So, you could hide the PXAMG under your dash and string the wire somewhere easy to connect to your iPod and no one will know that it's not a factory option!

At least it's like that on my '06 Pilot.

Keep in mind that you'll need to buy the "Vehicle Specific Harness" from them. It's about $20 and is the cable that goes from the PXAMG to the head unit. It has a few connectors so that you can keep your XM radio also plugged in so you don't lose that functionality (assuming you're paying for XM radio).

Sorry I couldn't give you a more definitive answer but with their site down I don't really know for sure.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Thanks!
Larry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, they're back up again and yes, it looks like it should work fine in your '07 SC as long as you have an "XM" button on your factory radio.

If you want really specific details on it give them a ring. They're actually pretty good about answering questions: 800-854-3133

Again, if there are any questions for me feel free to ask!

Thanks,
Larry.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'd love to buy it, but I'm in a financial predicament at the moment. But if you still have it later T'll definitely take it off your hands. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
212 Posts
oh. its on ebay. ****. well i'll just bid on it then.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oh, one last question just to be sure. It works with the steering wheel controls yes?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I find it sorta tacky that he listed this in a FS/FT thread, and gives a link to an ebay auction.

I know a lot of forums where this stuff wouldn't fly.

Good luck Cubeism ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts