Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a Python 1400XPL link
i got it before i got my element not realizing you have to jump through hoops to get a remote start to work on a MT...
300 bucks retail so 200 shipped to whomever wants it
paypal only

ill emphasize that it NEW IN BOX only opened it when i bought it to check it out.
i dont have much of a rep here but ill be willing to go through my ebay account to provide some confidence to anyone interested...

-daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm if you mean the breathalizer unit to start your car called "smart start" then i havnt the slightest clue if itll work.

but all you have to do in order to get this system to work is either get an "immoblizer bypass unit" or zip tie an extra key to the ignition to trick the immoblizer unit into thinking the key is in the ignition...
the rest is all matching colors and tapping wires...

·
Registered
836 Posts
lol i think he meant the smart phone application that allows you to link to your alarm/remote start and control it via your smart phone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
lol i think he meant the smart phone application that allows you to link to your alarm/remote start and control it via your smart phone.
well that makes more sense... in that case no. the SmartStart system is made by viper, this is python. wrong man-killing snake

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did a little research and i guess these have dropped alot in price since i bought mine so its $100 shipped now if anyone is still interested.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Since Viper and Python are both made by DEI it wouldn't surprise me in the least if everything from that company works together. Yoda aka Zack can answer the question much better since this is what he does for a living.
It's actually what I do for a living also....the answer as far as I can tell is no. The unit was produced before the Smart Start was released. The Smart Start will work on certain current model Python systems though I believe that particular one will not.

Here is a list of Smart Start compatable DEI systems as of the end of 2009:

• Clifford: models 1.2, 1.3x, 20.7x, 2.2, 3.3x, 50.7x, 590.2x
• Python: models 1401, 580, 1601, 872, 991, 592
• By transmitter/system type: 1-way SuperCode (RS or sec/RS), Responder LE (RS or sec/RS), Responder LC3 (RS or sec/RS), Responder HD

Also....the Smart Start application will be available for the Blackberry. It was introduced at CES 2010 and it will have the push notifications. It is supposed to be available 2-4 weeks after it's CES debut. The Android platform shouldn't be far off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this alarm and remote start or just remote start?
i believe its both but you should probably research that yourself just incase. im driving up to austin this weekend which could be very convenient if youre interested and trying to avoid shipping. ill be around the UT campus

·
Registered
836 Posts
If a pro could confirm that this is indeed an alarm and remote start i would gladly meet you at UT this weekend!

EDIT: from what i see on python's website this is only a remote start, and even though i really want and need a remote start i need an alarm first and foremost :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bumpity bump

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sold. closing time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status