Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm selling a pair of real OEM Honda headlamp assembly from JAPAN. It has all clear corner and bulb for city lights. As a bonus, it has OEM REAL HID lighting system including ballast and all bulbs. This is VERY RARE in the U.S. I was going to install these in my Honda, but no longer have the car, so it's available for you now. Perfect condition, no cracks, etc.

$575 takes em.

(Fits All Honda Element '03+ EXCEPT for SC models)

email me: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Man those look nice...nice find...I would pick them up but spending lots in HK

·
Registered
216 Posts
man I wish I had the $. Does it come with the other portion of the harness.. did you pic up any other jdm parts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't they drive on the left in Japan? If the beam for these lights is asymmetrically (kicks up at the side to light signs), then they are going to blind all oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blinding drivers? ... hahaha...

head lights setup with HID usually have a cutoff line (yes even reflector types) and as long as you aim it normally, you're not going to "blind" anyone.

Projector type lenses have a distinct zig/zag cut off line, that allows a bit more light toward the right side, but even that is just marginal.

I don't think these oem reflector HID setup has this distinct zig zag pattern
that will blind one side of oncomming traffic and not the other. If you are in front of a car with HID's... are you "blinded" by him by being positioned to one side verses the other? Come on guys.

If you are worried about "blinding" someone with these oem HID headlamp units, sorry, I don't think these are for you.

As for harness, the turn signals look plug and play, the city lights will have to be wired, and the ballast will have to be wired as well. The plugs look like typical Honda plugs and should be able to obtain from your local dealer (maybe similar to TSX ballast plugs? dunno).... and the housing should physically fit fine.

Anyway, still got em, and price lowered to $525 firm.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If I didn't have a plan on getting an SC, i'd be all over these. VERY cool. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Ghost.

That's another point...besides the fact that these lights look cooler than the US ones, besides the fact they have oem quality, and real HID...besides the fact that these are rather unobtainium items for the most of us, and your Element will definitely be unique with these... If you are worried about JDM OEM headlights being 50 state street legal... come on man... I honestly don't think you need to worry about that.

The only "illegal" headlamps I know of were recalled... they were the "china" headlamp copies with clear corners (for other cars.. like accord). They did not conform to the law concerning amber reflectors in the headlamps. The Element has the amber reflector on the fender... so these oem lamps shouldn't give you any problems with the law. :-D

Besides, this is a better alternative than hacking up stock headlamps to install HID projectors from other cars... isn't it? or using blue tinted light bulbs to get the HID look?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Ah, these are the D2R style HID headlights which was the predecessor to the new projector-based D2S style. I don't know if there is any distinct difference, disadvantage or advantage to these but they are 'old' technology seeing as all HID's are now projector based. For more information, see www.hidplanet.com. I remember reading something about these D2R style headlights. At that, you have to buy D2R bulbs since the D2S bulbs are constructed and therefore act differently to produce the correct light output. At that, I can not say that putting D2R bulbs into your stock housing will be a proper retrofit, but judging from the shape of the reflectors on these it won't.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Ah, these are the D2R style HID headlights which was the predecessor to the new projector-based D2S style. I don't know if there is any distinct difference, disadvantage or advantage to these but they are 'old' technology seeing as all HID's are now projector based. For more information, see www.hidplanet.com. I remember reading something about these D2R style headlights. At that, you have to buy D2R bulbs since the D2S bulbs are constructed and therefore act differently to produce the correct light output. At that, I can not say that putting D2R bulbs into your stock housing will be a proper retrofit, but judging from the shape of the reflectors on these it won't.
You make D2R's seem outdated. They're still being used.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
don't forget you'll most likely also be the only one with this headlamp too... There is the exclusivity factor :grin: these aren't no cheap knockoffs~

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You make D2R's seem outdated. They're still being used.
Aren't they? : )~ I am sure they are. Seems like the more popular choice around this side of the world is the D2S projectors.

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Aren't they? : )~ I am sure they are. Seems like the more popular choice around this side of the world is the D2S projectors.

Good luck with the sale!
They're becoming outdated, but there's nothing wrong with them. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts