Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used wireless entry receiver and 2 transmitters for my 2004 GGM AWD. When I went to install it, I discovered that my car already had a receiver mounted. Since the car came with only 1 key and no transmitters when I bought it 6 months ago, I assumed it was without the wireless entry.

Anyhow, I installed the new system and it works great. But I thought someone might need a spare receiver, or could obtain a transmitter or 2 and use this one. It is identical the one I installed, except that it is labeled "Omron" rather than "Honda." I can't confirm that it works, but it was installed in a 2004.

This is just the receiver, no bracket or bolt, but you could easily fashion a bracket yourself, or just tape it on.

I will also gladly supply a photocopy of the installation instructions and owner's manual should you desire. How 'bout $20, shipped priority mail to the US.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Remote

Might be interested, if I can determine whether controller 'programs' the remotes of the other way about. I have a DIY mod that might use it, if I can figure it right.

I recently purchased a used wireless entry receiver and 2 transmitters for my 2004 GGM AWD. When I went to install it, I discovered that my car already had a receiver mounted. Since the car came with only 1 key and no transmitters when I bought it 6 months ago, I assumed it was without the wireless entry.

Anyhow, I installed the new system and it works great. But I thought someone might need a spare receiver, or could obtain a transmitter or 2 and use this one. It is identical the one I installed, except that it is labeled "Omron" rather than "Honda." I can't confirm that it works, but it was installed in a 2004.

This is just the receiver, no bracket or bolt, but you could easily fashion a bracket yourself, or just tape it on.

I will also gladly supply a photocopy of the installation instructions and owner's manual should you desire. How 'bout $20, shipped priority mail to the US.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Programming Instructions

Here are the programming instructions. I believe the key programs the receiver, but I'm not sure.

KEYLESS ENTRY PROGRAMMING
Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand.
Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/trunk are closed during programming.
Only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all remotes must be programmed during the same session.
Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/trunk tightly closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by “II” on the ignition bezel so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the “Lock” button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the button.
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by “I” on the ignition bezel – dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) – each step must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to “ON”, press the lock button on one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5 seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be programmed.
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will “pop”.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Instructions

Hey, thanks for the instructions; I'd pulled them up, too. And for the info and the quick reply. Lemme start digging for more info for my DIY. C.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just buy a remote

No need to do a DIY project. I would just buy a remote off EBay. They show up all the time and typically sell for $10-20. As long as you use the proper Honda remote, it should program properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts

PM Sent

·
Registered
10 Posts

Works like a charm,Thanks Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts