Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a recent mishap/vandalism, I had an opportunity to respray my E.

I was tossing with the idea of some crazy bright greens but then settled on classy white and I couldn't be happier.

I still plan on adding some bits of bright green to keep up with my marketing/work theme and perhaps some new sharpie art...will have to wait and see.

2 gallons of grey base
2 gallons of white
1 gallons pearl and gloss mixed

= the white rhino

spent all my money painting my car so my house looks like this... ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
dope! is it kosher to ask how much that costs? I found only one company around me who dips cars and I'd like an idea of price before I get potentially ripped off.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dope! is it kosher to ask how much that costs? I found only one company around me who dips cars and I'd like an idea of price before I get potentially ripped off.
Because dipping is labor intensive, prices widely vary. I was quoted 850 to 1100 by different dippers... That's why I diy'ed it.
Paint alone is roughly 60-80 a gallon, plus and pearls or glossifiers you choose to add.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
are those roof rails that go front to back? the roofline looks different

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ouch that's steep! once I get my girl fixed up on the inside I'll probably hit you up for some cosmetic tips.
it is steep if done at a shop...hence my DIY fascination. Gonna do my gf's corolla next.

Absolutely amazing! I always knew the E would look awesome in white and this confirms it. Good job!
I agree, since I first saw the E back in 03 I wanted one in white, with the roofline also done in white like the SC body panels...but I liked the 'rugged' look of the non SC with the step rails and such.

Now I believe I have the best of both worlds...for now, till I go to another crazy color.

are those roof rails that go front to back? the roofline looks different
very observant. they are aftermarket rails that run along the length of the E's roofline. that way my top is protected 'if' I slide anything on top. (which I prob never will since there is so much room inside the box)

Awesome! Love the pic of the E under YOUR house portico. LOL! Nice touch. Keep on posting those pics.
you making fun of my fixer upper... 8) :grin:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
very observant. they are aftermarket rails that run along the length of the E's roofline. that way my top is protected 'if' I slide anything on top. (which I prob never will since there is so much room inside the box)
WHOA i been wanting those forever. please elaborate. what are they attached to? are they anythign more than paint protection?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Looks awesome

Great job again with the dip. Thanks for debuting it at my party. You even strolled in at midnight like the cool kid. Made us wait till morning to even be able to see it properly. Another awesome job with the dip. Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you guys this last weekend. Glad you came and thanks for dipping your E. The white looks so sharp on the Element.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You used aerosol or sprayed it out of a gun?
I could have used aerosol and just spray panel by panel like others have but I used a hvlp gun since I used a custom white with pearl.
Also it lays down a little smoother.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Maintenance?

Very nice job! But how does the white dip stand up to dirt, i.e., is it a challenge to keep it clean? I dipped portions of my E with black plastidip three years ago and black has been easy to keep clean. But white might be a different story.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice job! But how does the white dip stand up to dirt, i.e., is it a challenge to keep it clean? I dipped portions of my E with black plastidip three years ago and black has been easy to keep clean. But white might be a different story.
Dip cleans up just as well regardless of the color. The only difference may be that you notice any dirt sooner than on black... But it wipes away just as easily.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am super curious about your roof rails. I had something similar on my mazda but couldn't find something like this for the E. Did you have to drill into your roof to install the rails? Could you post more pictures of them please.

I am digging the wraps & dips. Nice work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts