Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone,

I have put my money down on a S.O.P. EX 4wd, and it's due to arrive on or around the 28th of this month. Approx. 3 weeks. I am so excited.

Now here's the question:
I loaded mine with all the trim packages, arm rest, side steps, keyless entry, bungies, tailgate seatback etc. Anyone else load up like this? If so, how long am I going to have to wait until they get everything in?

I have noticed a few posts from people waiting for parts on the boards here. Are there any items that I should expect to wait awhile for?

Thanks for the help...
NyArtist26

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:2f79bdc907="NyArtist26"]Hey there everyone,

I have put my money down on a S.O.P. EX 4wd, and it's due to arrive on or around the 28th of this month. Approx. 3 weeks. I am so excited.

Now here's the question:
I loaded mine with all the trim packages, arm rest, side steps, keyless entry, bungies, tailgate seatback etc. Anyone else load up like this? If so, how long am I going to have to wait until they get everything in?

I have noticed a few posts from people waiting for parts on the boards here. Are there any items that I should expect to wait awhile for?

Thanks for the help...
NyArtist26[/quote:2f79bdc907]
I installed those items myself and I am not very good, but I would guess the dealership shouldn't have more than 2.5-3hrs to do that. Now what they charge you for in hours is a different story. If it were me, make sure all the accessories are in stock when your car arrives, if not take the car and come back when they have everything. Just my opinion. good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks E-Lated,
That is good advice. I will be "installing" the easy stuff, the seat covers, the floor matts and the bungies, but I have no experience working on cars, so I decided to let them gouge me on the install. I will at least try to get them to install it all at once.

Did it take them a long time to get all those parts in?

NyArtist26

·
Registered
608 Posts
NYArtist26,

That really depends on the dealership. My dealer had only sold a few Elements by the time I went in to got ours. They had already ordered one of each of the accessories, so I did not have to wait, most stuff was still in stock.

From what I have seen/heard there are several items that are on back order thru Honda. If you dealer does not have them, and needs to order them, it may take a bit. The seat back bungees were B/O for a bit, now I understand that the drivers arm rest with storage is delayed, as are the fog lights. Otherwise, most things are shipping pretty well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:32db6b373c="NyArtist26"]Thanks E-Lated,
That is good advice. I will be "installing" the easy stuff, the seat covers, the floor matts and the bungies, but I have no experience working on cars, so I decided to let them gouge me on the install. I will at least try to get them to install it all at once.

Did it take them a long time to get all those parts in?

NyArtist26[/quote:32db6b373c]
Not sure if all dealers work the same way, but I believe they have regional distribution centers from which the dealers obtains parts. my dealer goes on the computer and if the part is available from the DC it will arrive within a few days. I might add I struck a deal with my dealer/parts mgr. to purchase accessories from him at 30% off list. Which I really appreciate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote:64d3079e3d="NyArtist26"]Hey there everyone,

Now here's the question:

Thanks for the help...
NyArtist26[/quote:64d3079e3d]

I did the same to mine. Everything but a hottub. They said two days, but we'll see. It'll be in tomorrow and then they said after I "sign" for it, they'll add all of my laundry list. For the price I got it for, ($100 over invoice) I don't care, as long as they do it right. I've had Honda's before and I've never been disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts