Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though I would throw some ideas out for future mets then we could try to put weekends to them.

I was think of the Blue Ridge parkway from Mabry Mill north
with a stop at Chateau Morrisette for wine and picnic. (The manager drives an E might be able to get something)
We could stay at Meadows of Dan camp ground
I was thinking Fall

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like fun. If we put weekends to them I can try to request the time off.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. If we want to we could meet there in Meadows of Dan and drive the parkway up to the Skyland Drive.. Then it's just a hop over to the campground at Misty Mountain...

Think about it if we do this then we would have toured the entire Blue Ridge Parkway in meets - the first Spring Fling, the Tunnel Tour, and this one...

Honestly, if it's mountains, E-ple, and dogs... I'm in. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sounds good to me

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When would be a good time I am thinking Mid September through end of October.
Just so you know it is 180 mile from where we left off at spring fling I to Sky line drive.
Thinking of the logistist some of us will be towing.
Friday night in Meadows of Dan Saturday night at Misty Mountains?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wait a minute. Am I understanding this plan correctly? Camp Friday night at Meadows of Dan, spend Saturday driving from there to Waynesboro, 180 miles of BRP during leaf-peeper season? That'll likely be 12 hours plus in the car. Frankly, I'm not sure that sounds like too much fun. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Also, didn't Laceymack propose some camping in SC the third week of Sept that several folks seemed interested in?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats why the post is here for ideas :) I agree with you too far for one trip. It would be neat to complete the BRP but I think that would take 2 trips.
I forgot about the beach trip need to plan around that so october?
Any other trip ideas?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
yea, 180 miles is a tad of a run, combine that with tearing down and building back up a campsite and it's starting to sound like a lot of work...

Who's bright idea was that anyway?? :rolleyes: :lol:

Honestly, I forgot about Courtenay's camp in SC.. geeze... where's my mind at anymore??

I still like the idea of a Va trip / camp / whatever - hopefully before it turns so cold that everyone is miserable.

Maybe we should just go for a nice weekend camping trip somewhere, Hungry Mother State Park maybe?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I still like the idea of a Va trip / camp / whatever - hopefully before it turns so cold that everyone is miserable.

Maybe we should just go for a nice weekend camping trip somewhere, Hungry Mother State Park maybe?
Yeah, that looks nice. I'm guessing that that area would be somewhat cooler than the SC coast in mid-late September, yes? I'd rather have brisk than hot/humid. (Brisk -- not mind-numbing cold. :D)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would be up for Hungry Mother, I can handle about 7 hour drive to there.:cool:

Bob

·
Banned
151 Posts
Hungry Mother is one of my fav parks, and i would much rather be a little cold then sleeping somewhere humid and sticky

·
Registered
543 Posts
I would be up for Hungry Mother, I can handle about 7 hour drive to there.:cool: Bob
Great Bob! Looking forward to checking out that trailer!!:D

BTW, anyone: any chance we could plan on catching dinner one night from the lake? Maybe that would fall into the category of "a little too optimistic".

·
Registered
543 Posts
Which weekend do you think? I'm good either, but the second w/e (10-11) is technically Columbus Day. Does anyone in these parts even pay attention to that? In New England that's a holiday in MA, and a major league leaf-peeping w/e. Smart folk stay off the roads!! :lol:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Columbus day is not big here only the goverment and banks have it off.
So either will be fine.
The campground does not let you reserve a particular site just a loop site will be asigned when you get there. I will be there on Thursday and friday morning I could spread out or just talk to the rangers and tell them who all is coming

1 - 20 of 41 Posts