83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes

I have had mine for about 4 months.

The only problem I had is that I had to replace the velcro that ataches to the door panel. With temps in the high 90s in Virginia, the original did not hold to the door panel.

The panels never had anything on the such as a protectant and they were washed down with isopropal alcohol before installing and left to dry overnight. The temps were in the mid 60's when I installed them.

It seems like the velcro I purchased had better adhesive.

I keep a bunch of 'stuff' in them.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
The only problem I had is that I had to replace the velcro that attaches to the door panel. .........

It seems like the velcro I purchased had better adhesive.

I keep a bunch of 'stuff' in them.
Same problem here. I thought I had the opposite problem where I tried to install when it was too cold. Even the industrial strength velcro I bought is peeling from one side (I, too, keep a lot of 'stuff' in them, none of it real light and, yes, I prepped the area first)...... :-:)neutral:

So, my solution, since it is a permanent install on both sides of the hatch area anyway, is to rivet both ends of the velcro to prevent further peeling. Plan to do that this next week, so, update later.
If you plan to store lightweight stuff in them, you should have no issues.

The bags themselves are great - heavy duty, well made, expect them to die when my E dies - MANY years down the road (if ever :rolleyes:). :)

Hope this helps....... :smile:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with all the posts above. The bag itself is great...fits in the door pocket well and is well made.

The Velcro...not so great. I, like the posters above, followed all the instructions (cleaned the area with soap and water, then plain water, then rubbing alcohol, and let it dry for a half hour or so before placing the Velcro, and the temps were in the high 70's or so) and let the Velcro sit for 24 hours before attaching the bag.

Within 2 days the Velcro had completely detached itself from the door. I didn't have anything heavy in the bag (just the car chargers for my phone and GPS) and I didn't even pull the bag off the Velcro once. The Velcro simply fell off the door.

I tried reattaching the Velcro and this time let it sit for three or four days before attaching the bag, but the same thing has happened again.

Love the bag, disappointed by the Velcro.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I won some at the EOC National Meet and couldn't be happier with them. I have some cds in one and it keeps them from sliding back and forth. As not that big of a deal as it sounds it seriously made my day. The other one is in my house and holds a bunch of 4th of July parade candy. :grin:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I bought a pair last year at a local meet when the were first being made. Me and a few others decided where else can they be put. Mine are mounted in the rear, as I wanted more storage for smaller stuff back there, instead of the front doors. SO far so good.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I've tried several things. I just can't get them to stay stuck. I give up.

Dom

·
Registered
244 Posts
like them

I too have a velcro issue but I love the bags

·
Registered
748 Posts
I got 2 originals. Nice size (I dulled out the name with a black sharpie, Sorry G-guy) I actually take one in the store with us (coupons and sales). I keep them in the seat back bungies - match nicely! I McGuired the E when I got her - no matter what I try- the velcro won't stick. So I wiped up the glue mess and use them another way. Don't think I'm dumping on them ! They make nice stuff!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree with all the posts above. The bag itself is great...fits in the door pocket well and is well made.

The Velcro...not so great. I, like the posters above, followed all the instructions (cleaned the area with soap and water, then plain water, then rubbing alcohol, and let it dry for a half hour or so before placing the Velcro, and the temps were in the high 70's or so) and let the Velcro sit for 24 hours before attaching the bag.

Within 2 days the Velcro had completely detached itself from the door. I didn't have anything heavy in the bag (just the car chargers for my phone and GPS) and I didn't even pull the bag off the Velcro once. The Velcro simply fell off the door.

I tried reattaching the Velcro and this time let it sit for three or four days before attaching the bag, but the same thing has happened again.

Love the bag, disappointed by the Velcro.

LOVE the Bags. But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having probelms with the velcro. I've been to lazy to try reattaching a second time. Plus the E sits in the garage now that I have the Silverwing.

I'm trying to figure out how I could use some on the Swing but don't think I need them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The resurrection of this thread was timely. I have two bags I am taking out. My velcro was fine. In fact it held so well that I may need to clean the adhesive off.
I found I really wasn't using them. I unfortunately have the personality that if I can't see it it ain't there!:rolleyes: So stuff in the bags stay in the bag.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The resurrection of this thread was timely. I have two bags I am taking out. My velcro was fine. In fact it held so well that I may need to clean the adhesive off.
I found I really wasn't using them. I unfortunately have the personality that if I can't see it it ain't there!:rolleyes: So stuff in the bags stay in the bag.
Wish I had your luck with the velcro! :cry: I'm pretty sure I would use them if I could mount them as they were intended. As it is, it is just another bag...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Which size fits nicely in the front door compartments? I'd like to buy two of them, but I'm unsure and too lazy to measure right now. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts