Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the 2 before pictures. messy messy.

And one prep - All I did was wash with light soapy water, did not have any alcohol with me. And too lazy to get some.

Then three with the velcro applied. waited a couple of days.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the sequel

Now the install time. Which I mean we are talking Velcro here - so it is not exactly rocket science.

But showing a picture anyway ;)
And an example of what you can fit into one of the Medium Utility bags.

Then the door and finally my trash.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,

I bought
2 Utility Bags - medium : for the rear
1 Pouch Bag - medium : for the trash spot
1 Original G-Bag : for drivers door.

Intended use: DE-CLUTTER!

Some thoughts.
The bags are very nicely made. I've been trying to think on what to compare the bag to in terms of it's make-up. And I can't. It is a heavy nylon - comparable to a backpack I had gotten for college - 10 years ago (still have it). This stuff is not going to tear easily by any means.

The velcro did slip up on me on the door, but that was the only spot and by then the soapy water rag wasn't all that fresh. I am sure that the alcohol part would have taken care of anything. In either case I put the door one down into the door well so it's more of a support than anything else. i do not intend to put bulky items in it.

The back though - different story. I kept all cleaning items in one, misc stuff in the other. I chose to place it on the floor mainly due to my putting items of some weight inside. Again using the velcro for more stability than anything else. I do intend to put more strips higher like others have done, so if I need the floor space it'll be as simple as remove and stick up.

as you can see in the pictures - all sizes that I picked were perfect. the rear utility bags do not get in the way of the seat belt (though it is close). and well heck - it is like it is tailor made.

I do have a couple of suggestions - First, the install paper could double as a template for where to put the velcro strips. Just a thought, this was the most lengthy part of the quick process. I ended up just eyeballing it.

Second with the pouch. Maybe put the velcro lower down from the lip. it'd allow a small store plastic bag to be inserted into it a little better. I may do this myself anyway - mod the G-bag ;)

If I were to rank these bags on a bang for the buck - I'd be ranking it about a 8.5 - 9. I expect them to last a very long time, and I'd have to hunt to try to find something more economical and still do what it does.

Well done!

·
Banned
521 Posts
Chasester !! Thanks so much for your positive review!

I am so glad you liked the bags. Your thoughts are what I hear over and over, you can't appreciate the bags till you have them!

Thanks for taking all this time and energy to post here, I appreciate your support of these American made products.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Blog

Just thought I would let everyone know we have launched a blog to memorialize a lot of information from a variety of different areas all surrounding G-bags.

It is somewhat quirky and sparse right now but we envision it growing over the next couple months as our products start selling in a variety of venues and outlets.

I hope everyone is having a great night..

Peace. Mark

http://g-bags.typepad.com/

·
Registered
214 Posts
As soon as my Rebate check gets here from GW, I'm placing my order. Might as well keep some of the money here in the USA. :evil:

Anyone have an opinion on which color G-bag goes best with Titanium/Black interior?

Couldn't WAIT! :evil: I just ordered a set of black ones for the doors.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Why do you have two rubber duckies?

And can I have your hat? :D

-g

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I'm thinking of making them into a dashboard mod.

and no.
no no no.
I just wont give into pressure.
Thanks! I'll pick it up next week :D

·
Banned
521 Posts
antirocked

Thanks for your purchase- It is pretty cool seeing folks post after they get their bags, usually the immediate reaction when they open the shipping bag is wow- much better quality than I expected!

PM me If you have any questions-

Peace-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts