Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone here use a Mounting System for
-->iPhone or other Mobile
-->Garmin or other GPS
-->Any other types of Gadget
And use the Proclip attachments for those or other devices.

If so, can you share your likes/dislikes with said Product from http://www.proclipusa.com?

I have searched the forum here, but the only posts that I have found are over 2 years old. I was hoping for a more current feedback, as well as Pics! I for one know that Folks would not all eager about taking Pictures about a stupid little Cell Phone Mount, or such nonsense, but to me, it's "New Car Owner Mentality".
I would like the inside of my new E to be as clean and streamlined as possible.
But, Proclips seem quite expensive to just Mount and iPhone, and a Garmin, etc... It looks like a $150.00 addition, and the Wife will not like that.
(BTW: in case the Wife ever reads my posts here, my name is Dufus McCoy, and I live in Bank****, Delware.)
Just Kidding, my Beloved is the Best in The World, and she understands my "Need For E".

Oh, I digressed there a bit, sorry.....

If there are any other options than Proclips, can you please share with me?

Also, being new here, I hope that my not so Frequent N00b (newbie) questions are tolerated. I've been searching before posting (I promise).

Anyway, thanks very much for any feedback,
(Did I mention Pics? That would help bigtime!)

Rick
-Shawnee, KS

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently found a way to hold my ipod that I thought I would share.

I mainly listen to my ipod and take it with me everywhere. I used to have a civic si and I could just lay it on the retractable cover that goes over the cup holders. Since switching to the element, I found that I had no good easily reachable place to put the ipod so I went searching for something and I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UUN0J2/ref=oss_T15_product

It can mount to a flat surface, windshield, or a vent. I didn't want it sitting on my vents and I couldn't get it to stick on the element dash because it wasn't perfectly flat to make a good seal, so I stuck it on the windshield portion over my central air vents/radio console unit. Not to mention there's a button on the bottom of the unit that when pushed, causes the whole thing to expand and hold much wider things than an ipod or a phone. It holds really well to my windshield too. I've had it on there for about 2 weeks now and it hasn't come off once, no matter how hard the car shakes. Holds items very securely so you dont have to worry about them coming out.

But, having the ipod mounted to the windshield presented another problem, to listen to it I had to lean all the way forward and click the "next track button" so I got one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K18PNI/ref=oss_T15_product

This remote works pretty good and it still allows me to plug a power cable into the bottom of the ipod as well. At first the $70 price tag seems a bit steep, but if you click the "# used and new from $23" link you can get it for much less. Mine came new in the box and worked very well.

I can post pictures of my "setup" if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mounting Systems

Rick,
Similar to yourself, I did a ton of research as to coming up with an attractive way to hold and display my iPhone as well as a Garmin GPS.

My final mounting device is a Bracketron vent mount bracket that rotates, swivels and does a good job of holding my iPhone and GPS.

Let me know if you would like me to post some photos.

·
Registered
344 Posts
A piece of velcro is attached to tbe back of my Garmin 60csx GPS and my iPhone.

Another piece of velcro is on the plastic trim next to the stereo.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
156 Posts
heres my Ipod 80gb holder

i bought this canadian tire very cheap, i had thi for over a year now. I just use a double sided 3m tape and it holds very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Something like this? Just docks right on the dash. charges too. And plays thru the radio. The video is playing off the phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm currently using a $4 Walmart dash mount for my Cowon S9. I had to modify it a bit to get it how I wanted it (free up the charger and power switch on the bottom of the unit.) so I broke off the support brackets on the bottom. The arms can be adjusted to hold various sizes but FYI, the S9 is about the size of an iPod Touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
i put velcro on the dash and on the back of my phone and ipod. works great! ill post a pic later

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Here's some pics of the install of my iphone dock...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
That was actually the plug from the first iPod cable I had that was just a charger with a line out. The new one is mounted the same way though. It just has control built into the head unit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just added this on a similar thread:
I bought this at Sam's Club last week.
It is a Garmin Friction mount. It is mold-able to the curve of your dash, wherever you place it.
I placed it in this position because it is easy for me to key in addresses on the front panel, plus has the added advantage of being visible, yet does not impede my view of the road.

I paid $29.99 at Sam's Club but they don't have a link to it on their Web Site.
I found another online link to it at Radio Shack for $39.99
http://snipurl.com/tfyyv [www_radioshack_com]

I really like it, and will recommend it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts