Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
original mod
http://www.ecnet.net/users/gallery/element-j/door_opener.html

Since this vehicle has no Garage door opener slot, I always had to rummage around for the remote. I decided to do the garage door opener mod to open the garage door when pulling up on the High Beam lever. This mod is show in detail at the link above.

HOWEVER if you are Canadian this mod will not work. Because of the Daytime running lights on canadian models, Honda uses the high beams at a lower voltage, and its still enough to supply the opener with power all the time.

A simple work around to this is to NOT connect to the headlight red/white wire as suggested in the website, but use the passenger turn signal wire. This wire is the center green wire on the passenger turn signal 3 wire bulb assembly.

Now when driving up the street, instead of pulling up on the light lever, I just ease the lever right and let it spring back...The garage door is up!

[/b]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to copy the text and pictures of the article on wiring up a garage door opener to the high beams but my printer only copies the first picture of the remote. Any suggestions on how I can copy the whole article?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Now I am getting images of garage doors randomly opening whenever pookSter makes a turn. :lol:

Nice mod. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts